Hughes Hubbard & Reed Llp NY Summer Associate Class 2018 in New York, New York
Summer associates are current law students who have usually completed their second year of school (or in some cases, their first year of law school) and are interning at the firm for the summer. Summer associates have not passed the bar exam and are not lawyers. The summer associate program is the primary method by which a law firm recruits for full-time associate positions.
Summer associates report directly to the Director of Legal Employment and our assigned to assist partners and associates with their legal tasks.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
1. Perform highly complex legal research and writing on a wide variety of legal matters
2. Analyze and prepare effective legal opinions, ordinances, contracts, agreements, leases, deeds, pleadings, briefs, and other legal documents Drafting memos, briefs and/or agreements
3. Prepare sound legal opinions using independent judgment
4. Provide legal advice, opinions and recommendations, communicated both orally and in writing
5. Draft and review various legal documents
Position Specific Skills and Requirements
1. Attention to detail
2. Excellent writing and communication skills
3. Ability to establish and maintain cooperative, effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work
Education and General Requirements
1. Bachelor’s degree and at least one year of law school
2. Knowledge of Microsoft Office, Outlook, WORD, Excel, and Adobe Acrobat
3. Experience with:
a. Westlaw Microsoft Word & Excel
b. Microsoft Office, Outlook, WORD, Excel, and Adobe Acrobat
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or protected veteran status. Hughes Hubbard & Reed takes affirmative action in support of its policy to and advance in employment individuals who are minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Employer's Job# NY Summer Associate Class 2018
Please visit job URL for more information about this opening and to view EOE statement.