NYU Hospitals Center Nurse Practitioner - Cancer Center in New York, New York
NYU Langone Health is a world-class, patient-centered, integrated academic medical center, known for its excellence in clinical care, research, and education. It comprises more than 200 locations throughout the New York area, including five inpatient locations, a children's hospital, three emergency rooms and a level 1 trauma center. Also part of NYU Langone Health is the Laura and Isaac Perlmutter Cancer Center, a National Cancer Institute-designated cancer center, and NYU School of Medicine, which since 1841 has trained thousands of physicians and scientists who have helped to shape the course of medical history.
For more information, go to nyulangone.org, and interact with us on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and Instagram.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a Nurse Practitioner. In this role, the successful candidate Carries out patient care responsibilities with emphasis on decision-making related to the steps inthe nursing process to include assessment, diagnosis, identification of expected outcomes, planning, implementation and evaluation. Provides competent, safe and compassionate care based on established NYUHC Patient Care and Nursing Standards. As a member of the interdisciplinary healthcare team, formulates the initial plan of care with the provider (physician or nurse practitioner) and collaborates with them to implement a comprehensive patient-centered plan of care to achieve expected outcomes; utilizes principles of assignment and delegation consistent with the NY State Nurse Practice Act.
- Collects patient healthcare data systematically and on an ongoing basis using appropriate assessment techniques and instruments.
- Analyzes assessment and reassessment data to determine nursing diagnoses.
- Identifies expected outcomes and anticipates unexpected or adverse outcomes as individualized to the patient.
- Develops a plan of care that prescribes intervention to attain expected outcomes.
- Implements interventions identified in the plan of care.
- Evaluates the patients progress toward attainment of expected outcomes.
- Educates the patient and family to facilitate and promote health adjustment to new or changed health patterns.
- Considers needs and behaviors of specific patient age and cultural groups in all patient care activities.
- Supports the mission, philosophy, standards, goals and objectives of the institution, the Departments of Nursing and NYU Langone Medical Center strategic area.
- Participates in coordination of unit activities to provide patient care in a healing, humane and caring environment.
- Collaborates with the members of the interdisciplinary team and promotes collegial relationships.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the NYULMC Core Values and incorporates these into the performance of responsibilities.
- Participates in designated activities related to professional standards, New York State Nurse Practice Act and regulations of relevant outside agencies, e.g., NY State Department of Health, The Joint Commission, etc.
- Demonstrates ability to differentiate those activities which are professional nursing practice, and those that may be delegated to ancillary staff.
- Functions as a respectful member of the health care team.
- Acquires and maintains current knowledge and competence to fulfill responsibilities.
- Engages in self- assessment and participates in activities to promote own professional growth and development.
- Serves as a support and resource for nursing staff and students.
- Utilizes resources to meet individual learning need and promote professional development in clinical practice.
- Participates in the unit based quality and performance improvement program consistent with the clinical service and departmental program.
- Maintains awareness of current evidence-based practice and uses research applicable to patient care.
- Participates in clinical inquiry and activities to foster evidence-bases practice.
- Participates in quality improvement programs and activities that promote patient, family, physician and staff satisfaction.
To qualify you must have a Licensure: Current Registered Professional Nurse in New York. Education: Baccalaureate degree in Nursing required; Diploma or Associate’s Degree in Nursing with a minimum of one year nursing experience in conjunction with a plan to earn a baccalaureate degree in nursing only at the discretion of the SVP/Chief Nursing Officer or designee. Fluent written and spoken English language skills.. Required Licenses: Nurse Practitioner-NYS, Registered Nurse License-NYS
Membership in pertinent professional organizations preferred.
Qualified candidates must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
NYU Langone Health provides its staff with far more than just a place to work. Rather, we are an institution you can be proud of, an institution where you’ll feel good about devoting your time and your talents.
NYU Langone Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender dysphoria, national origin, age, religion, disability, military or veteran status, marital or parental status, citizenship status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision. We require applications to be completed online.
If you wish to view NYU Langone Health's EEO policies, please click here. Please click here to view the Federal “EEO is the law” poster. To view the EEO supplement, please visit https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf for more information. To view the Pay Transparency Notice, please click here.
NYU Langone Medical Center is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender dysphoria, national origin, age, religion, disability, military and veteran status, marital or parental status, citizenship status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.