NYU Hospitals Center Nurse Practitioner, Cancer Center (PerDiem) in New York, New York
NYU Langone Health is a world-class, patient-centered, integrated academic medical center, known for its excellence in clinical care, research, and education. It comprises more than 200 locations throughout the New York area, including five inpatient locations, a children’s hospital, three emergency rooms and a level 1 trauma center. Also part of NYU Langone Health is the Laura and Isaac Perlmutter Cancer Center, a National Cancer Institutedesignated cancer center, and NYU School of Medicine, which since 1841 has trained thousands of physicians and scientists who have helped to shape the course of medical history. For more information, go to nyulangone.org, and interact with us on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a PerDiem-Nurse Practitioner. In this role, the successful candidate Carries out patient care responsibilities to the fullest extent of their scope of practice with emphasis on decision-making related to the steps in the nursing process to include assessment, diagnosis, identification of expected outcomes, planning, implementation and evaluation. Provides competent, safe, ethical and compassionate care based on established NYUHC Patient Care and Nursing Standards. As a member of the transdisciplinary healthcare team, formulates the initial plan of care with the provider (physician or nurse practitioner) and collaborates with them to implement a comprehensive patient-centered plan of care to achieve expected outcomes; utilizes principles of assignment and delegation consistent with the NY State Nurse Practice Act
- Identifies factors and participates in programs to promote satisfaction of staff, patient, families and other disciplines.
- Modifies care based on new and revised nursing patient care standards.
- Maintains awareness of current evidence based practice and utilizes findings from current nursing literature in patient care activities.
- Demonstrates awareness of NDNQI/Q &PI data and implications for improving patient outcomes.
- Participates in unit based quality performance programs/projects.
- Utilizes resources to meet individual learning needs and promote development in clinical practice. Demonstrates awareness of resources and seeks out experts in nursing and other disciplines to promote learning and development in evidence based practice.
- Shares knowledge and participates in peer review process by providing information as requested.
- Serves as a support and resources for other nursing staff and students.
- Engages in self-assessment and participates in activities to promote own professional growth and development. Assesses and recognizes personal learning needs to enhance performance with guidance from Nursing Leadership. Learns and uses new information, skills and knowledge in an effort to improve care and services.
- Acquires and maintains current knowledge and competence to fulfill responsibilities. Fulfills annual mandatory education program requirements. Completes unit/service designated competency assessment. Completes the requirements of the Nurse Residency Program.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the organizations CORE VALUES and incorporates them into the performance of duties. Core Values Professionalism: Demonstrates professionalism in all aspects of role and engagement with others which includes communication, teamwork and compassion. Respect: Treats each person as a unique individual. Values diversity. Integrity: Acts ethically and upholds the organization’s code of ethics. Maintains confidentiality of patient information, the department and staff. Diversity: Understands and values the role of diversity in communications and engagement with others. Excellence: Demonstrates good judgment in performance of positions functions. Plans and prioritizes assignments to achieve the best possible outcomes.
- Demonstrates awareness of the mission, philosophy, standards, goals and objectives of the NYU Langone Medical Center, Departments of Nursing, clinical department and strategic area. Participates in unit/service based meetings. Recognizes importance of cost effective patient care. Reports unexpected events and outcomes to senior staff/leadership in a timely manner. Delivers patient care in accordance with professional nursing standards. Demonstrates awareness of JC, DOH, CMS, and CARF standards pertinent to unit. Communicates effectively with patients families, visitors and all members of the interdisciplinary team. Delegates activities effectively and appropriately to the ancillary staff.
- Educates the patient/family regarding health status and established plan of care. Determines learning needs of the patient/family. Implements an educational plan. Collaborates with the interdisciplinary team to modify expected outcomes. Documents learning outcomes of patient/family and revises education plan.
- Evaluates the patient’s progress towards expected outcomes. Involves the patient/family and interdisciplinary team in the evaluation process. Documents and evaluates the effectiveness of the intervention(s).
- Implements interventions in the plan of care. Intervenes in a manner that is consistent with established plan of care. Implements interventions in a safe, timely and appropriate manner. Considers needs and behaviors of specific patient age groups and cultural groups in all patient care activities. Documents interventions per hospital standard.
- Develops plan of care to attain expected outcomes. Develops a nursing plan of care based on agreed upon outcomes with patient/family. Collaborates with the interdisciplinary team. Identifies outcomes that are realistic and measurable.
- Collects, assesses and documents patient healthcare data. Involves patient/family and interdisciplinary team as appropriate. Prioritizes data collection. Documents assessment in medical records.
To qualify you must have a Licensure: Current Registered Professional Nurse in New York:
Education: Baccalaureate degree in Nursing required.
Basic Life Support Certification by hospital approved provider; additional certification specific to clinical practice area.
Membership in pertinent professional organizations preferred;
Fluent written and spoken English language skills;
Physical stamina, manual, dexterity, visual and aural acuity to perform responsibilities. Required Licenses: Registered Nurse License-NYS
Membership in pertinent professional organizations preferred.
Qualified candidates must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.NYU Langone Health provides its staff with far more than just a place to work. Rather, we are an institution you can be proud of, an institution where you’ll feel good about devoting your time and your talents.NYU Langone Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender dysphoria, national origin, age, religion, disability, military and veteran status, marital or parental status, citizenship status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision. We require applications to be completed online.
If you wish to view NYU Langone Health’s EEO policies, please click here. Please click here to view the Federal “EEO is the law” poster or visit https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm for more information. To view the Pay Transparency Notice, please click here.
NYU Langone Medical Center is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender dysphoria, national origin, age, religion, disability, military and veteran status, marital or parental status, citizenship status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.