American Express Manager, Independent Compliance Testing in New York, New York
This role is generally responsible for managing the day-to-day execution of compliance reviews performed by the Independent Compliance Testing (ICT) team. The Sr. Manager will provide general support to the Director of ICT to ensure effective and efficient execution of the multi-year ICT plan, including:
- Preparation of Announcement Memorandums for review and issuance, including verifying all key internal stakeholders are identified on the distribution;
- Scheduling and conducting planning meetings with Line of Business Compliance Officers and/or key business partners to identify in-scope regulations, risks, and controls;
- Planning and scoping the review in compliance with the ICT Manual;
- Updating ICT and other Compliance Management on the progress of the review and escalating issues;
- As needed, facilitating status update meetings with the relevant stakeholders;
- Preparing work papers and ensuring documentation has been properly finalized (including resolution of all outstanding items), approved, and uploaded to the ICT SharePoint site;
- Assisting in preparing the ICT report, including verifying all key internal stakeholders are identified on the distribution;
- Validating action plans are completed in accordance with the agreed upon terms and appropriately documenting the results;
- Assisting with Quality Assurance reviews of work papers;
- Providing feedback on ICT program governance materials;
- Managing Analysts to ensure testing is completed accurately, with quality, and within testing timelines;
- Mentoring and coaching Analysts on testing processes and execution; and
- Execute on special projects and other duties as assigned.
/ Minimum qualifications: /
4 year college degree; graduate degree preferred.
3 years of experience in compliance, internal or external audit, internal control, or other testing.
Understanding of internal control frameworks, including objective/transactional and control testing as well as other compliance testing and monitoring activities.
Working knowledge of the laws, rules and regulations governing American Express businesses.
Possess a strong understanding of banking systems and processes; strong computer knowledge; excellent MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint skills.
/ Preferred soft skills: /
Strong analytical skills, detail oriented, and ability to identify potential compliance issues, potential root causes, and feasible operational solutions.
Strong collaborative skills and ability to work in a matrix environment and on cross-functional teams.
Proven ability to effectively influence without direct authority.
Excellent verbal and written communications skills. Must be able to effectively communicate with all levels within the organization.
Ability to translate technical information into easily understandable terms.
Be self-motivated, dependable, adaptable and detail oriented with a proven ability to work independently or within a team environment as required.
Strong presentation and project management skills.
/Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions./
Title: Manager, Independent Compliance Testing
Other Locations: US-Utah-Salt Lake City, US-Florida-Sunrise, US-New York-New York
Requisition ID: 17010242