Skanska Low Voltage/Electrical Assistant Project Manager in New York, New York
The Low Voltage/Electrical Assistant Project Manager manages the overall project direction, completion and financial outcome and administers both the owner and subcontractor relationships for assigned projects. The Electrical Assistant Project Manager is responsible for directing and mentoring on-site staff. The position requires business management acumen and must demonstrate strong leadership, organizational and time management skills, as well as have strong communication and client service skills.
* Develop and execute Electrical Subcontract agreement and manage all aspects of the contract during the project execution phase and close out phase.
* Include Electrical Quality issues, schedule and Safety Awareness in meeting discussions, verbal and/or written communications with Subcontractors.
* Enforce Electrical related contract requirements/expectations.
* Identify all Electrical Systems risk related items and formally track mitigation actions.
* Plan Mechanical/Electrical/Systems work activities in advance to ensure same are performed on or ahead of required schedule dates.
* Provide all necessary Electrical trade-related coordination efforts as required to successfully manage the construction effort.
* Answer Electrical Superintendents field inquiries and requests for information. Document questions /answers whenever appropriate (RFI initiation/confirmation RFI's).
* Issue Change Directives to Electrical Systems Subcontractors.
* Interface with A/E personnel and Owner representatives routinely.
* Ability to verify progress in the field as it relates to overall project schedule and advise of any potential schedule impact as well as resolve field issues as they come up
Education and/or Experience:
* Associates/Bachelor's Degree - Construction Management, Electrical Engineering or equivalent
* 7 or more years of industry experience
* Project experience with electrical systems such as audio/video, security, fire alarms, telecommunications, electrical distribution, etc.
Skanska is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to status as a protected veteran or a qualified individual with a disability, or other protected status, such as race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or age
Skanska USA is one of the largest, most financially sound construction and development companies in the U.S., serving a broad range of clients including those in transportation, power, industrial, water/wastewater, healthcare, education, sports, data centers, government, aviation and commercial. Headquartered in New York with offices in 31 metro areas, we have more than 11,000 employees committed to being leaders in safety, project execution, sustainability, ethics and people development. In 2015, our work in building construction, civil and power/industrial construction, commercial development and infrastructure development (public-private partnerships) generated $7.1 billion in revenue. Global revenue of parent company Skanska AB, headquartered in Stockholm and listed on the Stockholm Stock Exchange, totaled $18.4 billion in 2015. Skanska shares are publicly traded in the U.S. on the OTC market under the symbol SKBSY through a Level I American Depository Receipt program .
We are proud to be named one of America's Best Employers of 2016 by Forbes.