EFI Learning Designer & Trainer in New York, New York
Learning Designer & Trainer
Tracking #: 3378
Location: New York, NY
Position Type: Full-Time/Regular
WE are Self-starters , WE are Passionate , WE are Relationship builders , WE are Innovative , WE are Nimble , and WE are Transparent …WE are SPRINTers ! We believe in challenging you, then providing you the room and flexibility to deliver.
We are looking for an Learning Designer and Trainer who has the chops to help us design and present exceptionally innovative customer learning experiences. You must be passionate, motivated, and capable of contributing to development of highly creative training materials used to educate end customers, partners and distribution channels program offerings. You will be working with some amazing people in our NYC offices.
In this job, you’ll learn: that creating dynamic learning experiences is not only a little fun, but also amazingly rewarding! Bring your game face. Join the Fiery global education services team and dream big!
- Understand, own and be able to articulate and present key technical Fiery product knowledge and expertise.
- Creatively take technical content and be able to present and create fluent and innovative learning materials.
- Develop clear, concise, engaging and innovative training and instructional content i.e. Express videos, Simulation learning, eLearning, etc.
- Identify and assess future and current training needs and gaps
- Drive product awareness through education and training
- Actively engage in communication of educational plans/events/results to all key stakeholders
- Manage all external and internal relationships around Fiery product education services needs
- Work closely with product marketing and product management to understand key messaging and overall marketing objectives to ensure they are accurately represented in training materials
- Understand and be able to articulate sales positioning of Fiery products and features to support education services
- Work closely with product and channel marketing to leverage all training efforts across the organization
- Own and manage the training QA, updates, and training content maintenance process
- Travel when necessary to support onsite training needs (<30%)
- Work with partner account managers to ensure successful delivery of product training needs for key customers
- Stay current and relevant in educational technology, adult learning, educational best practices
- Other duties as assigned
- Printing industry experience or use of EFI’s products preferred or strong willingness to learn
- Must be able to think outside the box!
- Minimum degree of BA or BS
- Extensive knowledge of instructional design theory and learning principles
- Ability to successfully communicate product positioning and the product benefits in a way that is truly compelling to the target audience
- Excellent project management skills; ability to identify interdependencies, overcome obstacles, and manage complex projects on time delivering quality results
- Experience with Captivate, Flash, Articulate and other content creation tools a plus or willing to learn
- Demonstrate a “can do” attitude around multiple projects and simultaneous requests
- Works independently with the ability to multi-task while having excellent attention to detail
- Strong writing and communication skills; ability to take some complex topics and distill them down to the key messages needed for effective training
- Strong technical acumen; ability to understand EFI and other digital printing hardware, software and applications technology or willingness to learn and translate that knowledge into deliverable content and training deliverables
- Leadership skills with the ability to influence the priorities of other functions to deliver strong business results
- Team player with strong interpersonal and communication skills
We move quickly, with the purposeful intention of solving a problem, accomplishing a goal, and ultimately making a difference for our customers, partners, colleagues and shareholders, EFI SPRINTers take action and adapt to changes in order to transform our customers businesses to be more productive and profitable through innovation in a digital print business.
EFI is an “Affirmative Action/EEO/Protected Veteran/Disabled Employer”