RBC Lead - Cloud Architect in New York, New York
What is the Opportunity?
This an exciting opportunity to lead and shape the Cloud technology architecture and direction for one of the world's biggest banks from the ground up. In what is essentially a Greenfield site RBC is looking at only the latest and cutting edge technology in its push to deliver a public (AWS/Azure/Google Cloud) multi-cloud strategy to enable the business. RBC requires an Enterprise Architecture that includes Kafka, Mesos, Kubernetes, openFaaS and Apache Flink and is in the realm of the Lead Cloud Architect.
The Lead Cloud Architect works across multiple technical and business functions providing technical leadership for all cloud and security related issues in order to deliver secure systems for our staff and clients.
What will you Do?
- Thought leadership in Public Cloud Architecture and how to deliver it at scale in a large enterprise
- Help develop the Enterprise Architecture for the Cloud program
- Support the Information Security and Cyber Security programs
- Security architecture for RBC's external cloud technology
- Serve as trusted advisor to key business and technology partners - Head of Cloud, CISO, Head of Devops, Head of Risk, Innovation Dev Teams
What you need to succeed
- Experience delivering Cloud and Internet facing applications with a focus on security
- Experience with architecting multi-vendor SaaS, IaaS or PaaS environments particular public Cloud (AWS/Azure/Google Cloud)
- Experience building Cloud strategies and target and reference architectures
- Experience with application development security using DevOps
- Experience with API and MicroService Security
- Experience working with cloud security management / governance tools
- Experience performing security design reviews and educating developers on cloud native apps
Nice to have
- Masters Degree in Business, Computer Science, or Engineering preferred.
- IT security (e.g., CISSP) or Cloud Security-related certifications (e.g., vendor neutral (CCSK, Certified Cloud Professional/Architect, etc.) or Cloud vendor certification (VMware VCP, AWS
- Certified Solutions Architect, Google, IBM, etc.)) preferred
Royal Bank of Canada is Canada's largest bank, and one of the largest banks in the world, based on market capitalization. We are one of North America's leading diversified financial services companies, and provide personal and commercial banking, wealth management, insurance, investor services and capital markets products and services on a global basis. We have over 80,000 full- and part-time employees who serve more than 16 million personal, business, public sector and institutional clients through offices in Canada, the U.S. and 37 other countries.For more information, please visit
Get Career Alerts
Stay in-the-know about great career opportunities at RBC. Sign up for and get customized info on our latest jobs, career tips and Recruitment events that matter to you.
Expand your limits and create a new future together at RBC. Find out how we use our passion and drive to enhance the well-being of our clients and communities at .
Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment
RBC is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veterans status, Aboriginal/Native American status or any other legally-protected factors. Disability-related accommodations during the application process are available upon request.
City: New York
Address: New York
Work Hours/Week: 37.5
Work Environment: Office
Employment Type: Permanent
Career Level: Experienced Hire/Professional
Pay Type: Salary + Variable Bonus
People Manager: No
Application Deadline: 2017-11-27
Req ID: 148383
Posting Notes: SF:EFC
RBC is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veterans status or any other legally-protected factors.