RBC Investment Banking Associate/VP - Convertibles & Equity-Linked Origination in New York, New York
What is the opportunity?
The Global Investment Banking division is looking to add either an Associate or a Vice-President to the Convertibles and Equity-Linked Origination team, based in New York City.
What will you do?
- Originate, structure and execute convertible and equity-linked solutions for the firm's corporate and financial sponsor clients; typical transactions include convertible and hybrid capital raising, corporate equity derivatives (calls spreads and structured share repurchases) and structured equity solutions for concentrated holdings (margin loans, collar-based financings);
- Work closely with colleagues in Investment Banking (both sector coverage and across regions) on transactions and prospects, and liaise with Sales and Trading around pricing and structuring
- Develop and structure highly-tailored solutions for clients, co-ordinate and prepare marketing materials for client meetings;
- Drive the execution of transactions, including the trade approval process (credit & market risk discussions, legal and compliance, tax and accounting) and collaborate with legal department on drafting confirmations (term sheets, ISDA documentation);
- Oversee Analysts in development of client materials;
- Escalate operational risk loss events, control deficiencies and risks that you identify to your line manager and the relevant risk and control functionspromptly;
- Review and comply with Firm Policies applicable to your business activities;
- Other such duties, responsibilities and authority as may be reasonably required.
What do you need to succeed?
- Bachelor's degree or MBA, MA or MS or equivalent with emphasis in finance/accounting preferred;
- Minimum of 1-2 years of experience within Convertible or Corporate Equity-Derivative product suite at the Associate level; or similar experience at leading Law firm
- Quantitative and qualitative analytical skills; strong knowledge of economics, finance and accounting principles and ability to employ these to design solution sets and advise clients;
- Solid understanding of capital markets and spreadsheet modeling; and awareness of products and markets
- Highly motivated, committed and responsible, with a demonstrated ability to manage conflicting priorities and requests;
- Strong written and oral communication skills; excellent interpersonal skills with ability to maintain relationships at all levels within the organization;
- Self-starter, with ability to work autonomously with limited supervision,
- High standards of professional and ethical conduct;
- FINRA Licenses - Series 63 & 79.
- Demonstrable track record of Equity-Linked Origination / Corporate Equity Derivatives is highly desired;
- Previous experience at managing execution and internal approval processes.
What's in it for you?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- A comprehensive Total Rewards Program including bonuses and flexible benefits, competitive compensation, commissions, and stock where applicable
- Leaders who mentor your development through coaching and managing opportunities
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
Royal Bank of Canada is Canada's largest bank, and one of the largest banks in the world, based on market capitalization. We are one of North America's leading diversified financial services companies, and provide personal and commercial banking, wealth management, insurance, investor services and capital markets products and services on a global basis. We have over 80,000 full- and part-time employees who serve more than 16 million personal, business, public sector and institutional clients through offices in Canada, the U.S. and 37 other countries. For more information, please visit .
Get Career Alerts
Stay in-the-know about great career opportunities at RBC. Sign up for and get customized info on our latest jobs, career tips and Recruitment events that matter to you.
Expand your limits and create a new future together at RBC. Find out how we use our passion and drive to enhance the well-being of our clients and communities at .
Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment
RBC is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veterans status, Aboriginal/Native American status or any other legally-protected factors. Disability-related accommodations during the application process are available upon request.
Address:200 Vesey Street
Employment Type:Regular - U.S.
Career Level:Experienced Hire/Professional
Required Travel (%):0-25
Posting Notes: [[mfield1]]
RBC is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veterans status or any other legally-protected factors.