McDermott Will & Emery LLP Instructional Designer in New York, New York
McDermott Will & Emery LLP is a leading international law firm with a diversified business practice representing commercial, industrial and financial enterprises both publicly and privately held. The Firm has a long history of social responsibility and supporting the communities in which our people live and work.
The Instructional Designer designs, develops and implements eLearning training content using appropriate instructional design methodology. This role drives Firm eLearning initiatives and applies instructional design theories, methods and strategies for attorneys and staff. This position can be located in any of our U.S. office locations.
As an Instructional Designer, you will:
- Develop curriculum materials including story board designs and learning plans, publish courses, and generate reports using the Learning Management System (LMS)
- Create interactive and compelling eLearning programs using authoring tools and browser coding languages to create text and graphic assets, and design the user interface for use across multiple platforms
- Perform department and LMS administration functions such as uploading content to the LMS, troubleshooting delivery errors, and tracking content utilization
- Update existing training programs based on feedback from IT Trainers and other IT department staff
- Identify new learning technology developments and trends and recommend opportunities for software, process, and delivered content improvements by working with subject matter experts
- Mentor IT Trainers in the design and development of eLearning courses and related job aids
- Support the IT Training team with IT projects including new training rollouts
- Ensure that established learning technology quality and accessibility standards are maintained for users in all offices
- Bachelor's degree
- At least five (5) years of related experience
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Word)
- Advanced knowledge of learning management system software and eLearning course development software
- Ability to write effective copy, instructional text, audio/video scripts
- Visual design skills (Photoshop) and ability to storyboard
- Lesson and curriculum planning skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to work under tight deadlines and prioritize responsibilities
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced and changing environment
- Ability to travel work flexible and/or fluctuating work hours
McDermott Will & Emery LLP is an Equal Opportunity Employer and an Affirmative Action Employer (Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran).