Marsh & McLennan Cos GMR GBS Marketing Leader in New York, New York
The purpose of this position is to be responsible for the overall strategy, budgeting and execution of all direct response marketing tactics and campaigns at the aggregate and campaign levels for our clients. Works with business leaders and senior management to identify and achieve business unit revenue and expense goals. Monitors the market to maintain competitive knowledge of the industry, ensures our capabilities are meeting marketplace needs and is responsible for managing all marketing functions that contribute to meeting department and business objectives.
* Responsible for achieving department revenue and expense goals.
* Monitors and communicates progress at the campaign, client and business unit level.
* Works closely with business leaders and senior management across the organization to foster effective working relationships and ensure alignment with business objectives.
* Works with the financial analysis team to develop and/or validate lifetime value, expense and profitability metrics.
* Directs creative testing to challenge controls and continuously improve results.
* Evaluates available delivery channels to determine the optimal mix at the client and campaign levels.
* Interfaces with the analytics, product, client management and carrier relations teams to determine the most effective product mix and pricing strategies.
* Determines the most effective strategy to maximize organizational compensation including commission, marketing service fees, contingency, data wareho use and individual project funding.
* Presents marketing stewardship reports to clients and facilitates client/carrier approval of annual marketing plans and budgets.
* Presents and highlights marketing capabilities to new business prospects and develops/maintains industry relationships.
* Ensures adequate staffing with properly trained personnel, accountability for quality and quantity of work, and guiding and advising subordinates in the more complex phases of their work.
* Evaluates teams on a regular basis to ensure positions within the teams are appropriate and operating to achieve maximum productivity.
* Conducts performance appraisals, fosters employee development, interviews as appropriate, and serves as a role model for the operation.
* Ensures compliance with departmental performance management process, including progressive disciplinary action if necessary.
* Has full authority for the following people management responsib ilities:
- Assigning, directing, and evaluating work
- Conducting performance evaluations, progressive counseling and career development discussions
- Ensuring appropriate orientation and on-going education/training
* Provides critical input to the following people management responsibilities:
- Hiring and input into firing employees
- Promotion, salary and bonus actions
* Handles and resolves escalated inquiries.
* Communicates updated information to staff in order to provide excellent customer service.
* Monitors staff functions, mentors, and provides feedback to employees.
* Recommends training programs to ensure the continuous education and development of personnel.
* Participates in review and consideration of new business opportunities including analyzing the effect on the operations including the impact on productivity, staffing levels, system capabilities, workstations etc. Coll aborate with senior management to discuss the challenges, opportunities and concerns involved with implementation of changes.
* Works with the analytics and reporting teams to incorporate consumer level insights into creative materials that provides clear direction to graphic design, copywriting, web and production teams.
* Possesses a thorough understanding of client environment and has the ability to obtain group consensus with follow up implementation through staff.
* Provides support to client leaders to obtain an understanding of needs and problems resulting in the implementation of systemic changes to improve service based on feedback.
* Identify problems or issues in processes and implements solutions bringing bottom line results.
* Provides input for Client Acquisition Management Process (CAM), providing insight into marketing and revenue potential/benchmarks for new business prospects.
* Assists the sales and new business response teams to develop and present marketing capabilities and the organizational value proposition tailored to prospects.
* Bachelor's degree required. Master's preferred.
* Minimum 10 years of experience in direct response consumer marketing.
* Ability to establish priorities with clear goals/responsibilities that drives results and achieves financial goals.
* Understanding of accounting and budgeting processes demonstrated through the ability to effectively present financial upside and required investment to key internal and external stakeholders.
* Proactive leadership ability to read market and business trends and present solutions upward through senior management that allows the organization to capitalize on opportunities and mitigate potential pitfalls in advance of the competition.
* Proven project and time management skills, must be resourceful in developing alternative solutions and meeting deadlines in a real time, fast paced environment.
* Persuasive negotiating skills as measured through ability to convince key internal and external s takeholders to approve and support firm-developed marketing strategies.
* Demonstrated experience in direct response marketing strategy development and execution as measured by increased response, revenue and participation rates.
* Demonstrated excellence in written and oral communication to effectively present new concepts and drive outcomes.
* Proven interpersonal skills to allow for collaborative work effort and accomplishment of organizational priorities in a team environment.
* Skilled management ability to accomplish goals and objectives through delegation and team development as evidenced by the quality of team building and individual staff development.
* Demonstrated experience in pursuing and winning new contracts as well as renewing and expanding scope of current contracts.
* Initiative/proactive/follow-through ability with little or no direction from management.
* Ability to interact with all levels of internal and external resources, business partners, vendors, prospects, carriers and clients.
* Core competencies include:
- Communicating with Impact
- Critical Thinking and Problem Solving
- Managing Resource and People
- Planning and Organizing
* Life & Health and Personal Lines licenses helpful but not required.
Mercer delivers advice and technology-driven solutions that help organizations meet the health, wealth and career needs of a changing workforce. Mercer's more than 22,000 employees are based in 43 countries and the firm operates in over 130 countries. Mercer is a wholly owned subsidiary of Marsh & McLennan Companies (NYSE: MMC), the leading global professional services firm in the areas of risk, strategy and people. With more than 60,000 colleagues and annual revenue over $13 billion, Marsh & McLennan helps clients navigate an increasingly dynamic and complex environment. Marsh & McLennan Companies is also the parent company of Marsh ,which advises individual and commercial clients of all sizes on insurance broking and innovative risk management solutions ; Guy Carpenter , which develops advanced risk, reinsurance and capital strategies that help clients grow profitably and pursue emerging opportunities ; and Oliver Wyman , which serves as a critical strategic, economic and brand advisor to private sector and governmental clients . For more information, visit www.mercer.com . Follow Mercer on Twitter @Mercer .
Mercer LLC and its separately incorporated operating entities around the world are part of Marsh & McLennan Companies, a publicly held company (ticker symbol: MMC).
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://www.mmc.com/ . We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity .
US ONLY: Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliates are EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers.