Jones Lang LaSalle GIS Analyst in New York, New York
Auto Req ID
JLL is seeking a GIS/Research Analyst. The analyst will be responsible for the creation, analysis, management, and distribution of geospatial information, interactive map creation, maintenance, support, and presentation. The analyst will be primarily responsible for data visualization, map creation and automation projects utilizing ESRI products and JLL s proprietary geospatial mapping tool (Blackbird). The analyst will also contribute to best in class research that differentiates JLL and builds and maintains a competitive advantage in the commercial real estate marketplace through market expertise, analysis, and insight. The analyst will have primary responsibility for tracking and analyzing all aspects of the commercial real estate market and leveraging that knowledge and expertise proactively for research products, client projects and business development efforts. Additionally, the analyst will be called upon to provide, when needed, both GIS and research-related assistance and support across all business lines. This position will work closely with professionals throughout the regional JLL offices as well as colleagues throughout the Americas research group.
Geographic Information System (GIS)
* Responsible for information design utilizing the company s geospatial mapping tool ( Blackbird ) in combination with other graphics tools.
* Production of dynamic mapping products covering commercial real estate and other relevant subjects
* Responsible for the maintenance, storage, and retrieval of data layers used as components of Geospatial presentations relating to commercial real estate.
* Create layers and accumulate the information populating these layers as required.
* Organizes and loads research data into the geospatial tool.
* Maintains a well-organized and searchable database of layers
* Train and support other team members in the use of the geospatial tool and review presentations for optimum use and impact.
* Maintain the database of geospatial layers to contain up-to-date market information on an ongoing basis through collaboration with the research department and brokers.
* Work closely with the National GIS geospatial team to implement new solutions, ideas and best practices.
* Compile geographic data from a variety of sources to improve industry and market knowledge
* Conform to QA/QC processes to maintain integrity of mapping resources and geospatial data
* Strong educational background with Bachelor s degree in geography, GIS, business, economics, or related field required.
* Understanding of real estate markets and dedication to learning local markets and business.
* Retail knowledge and economic expertise a major plus.
* Ability to multi-task and effectively manage time and workload.
* Ability to constantly exceed stakeholder and client expectations and positively represent the firm.
* Ability to both work independently and collaboratively in a team.
* Superior creative writing written and oral communication skills.
* High-level analytical and problem-solving skills and strategic-thinking capacity.
* Experienced, polished and innovative presentation skills.
* Intense passion and interest in real estate, the economy and markets overall.
* Motivated and self-starting focus.
* Organized and proactive approach.
* Innovative by nature with command of constantly-evolving technology offering.
* 1-2 years professional and/or academic experience managing and analyzing GIS data
* Proficiency with the following software programs: Excel, Microsoft PowerPoint, Microsoft Word and Costar
* High proficiency in ArcGIS and related software
* Emphasis on Google Earth/Maps
* Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite Products: Fireworks, Photoshop
* Working knowledge of KML, HTML, SQL
Org Marketing Statement
JLL (NYSE: JLL) is a leading professional services firm that specializes in real estate and investment management. A Fortune 500 company, JLL helps real estate owners, occupiers and investors achieve their business ambitions. In 2016, JLL had revenue of $6.8 billion and fee revenue of $5.8 billion and, on behalf of clients, managed 4.4 billion square feet, or 409 million square meters, and completed sales acquisitions and finance transactions of approximately $136 billion. At the end of the first quarter of 2017, JLL had nearly 300 corporate offices, operations in over 80 countries and a global workforce of more than 78,000. As of March 31, 2017, LaSalle Investment Management had $58.0 billion of real estate under asset management. JLL is the brand name, and a registered trademark, of Jones Lang LaSalle Incorporated. For further information, visit www.jll.com.
JLL is focused on winning in the marketplace and being the industry leader, executing better than anyone else and innovating to create great products and services. We operate in an atmosphere of excellence, integrity, respect and trust. We bring a sense of teamwork, inclusion and diversity in everything we pursue. Our clients see the results as we address their needs, solve their problems and bring new ideas.
As a distinguished market leader, we offer challenging career opportunities in an exciting environment. Our future success as a firm depends on our ability to attract, develop and retain the very best people in the business.
Our values define who we are, underscore our commitment to clients and provide direction for everything we do.
Our unique culture has been recognized by industry experts and our peers. We are:
A best company to work for in multiple locations around the globe, including Chicago, San Francisco, London, Ireland, Shanghai and Hong Kong
World s Most Ethical Companies from Ethisphere Institute for seven consecutive years
America s 100 Most Trustworthy Companies from Forbes Magazine
#1 Top Corporate Real Estate Firm 2013 from Watkins Research Group, Inc. for six consecutive years
This partial list of awards demonstrates our record of achievement and our commitment to fostering an award-winning culture. For further information, visit www.jll.com.
Information Security Statement
Employees are expected, at all times, to perform their responsibilities in accordance with the JLL Code of Business Ethics and the firm s corporate policies. Employees granted access to the firm s information technology are expected to follow the firm s guidance designed to promote best practices for information security, data privacy and the appropriate use of technology systems.
JLL is committed to developing and maintaining a diverse workforce, and strongly believes in equal opportunity extended to all individuals in all aspects of the employment relationship. Please visit www.JLL.com for additional information on JLL s commitment to equal opportunity.
Employer's Job# 61612BR
Please visit job URL for more information about this opening and to view EOE statement.