NTT Data, Inc. Full Stack Android Developer / Engineer in New York, New York
Full Stack Android Developer/Enginee
If you are interested, please send me your resume -
Our client - a major media and entertainment firm located in NYC - is looking for a skilled and self-motivated Full Stack Android Developer/Engineer to join their lean and growing mobile applications team. You will be an integral part of designing and building a game changing mobile financial news application from the ground up. You are able to work alone to get things done and enjoy pair programming when the opportunity arrises.
* 2-3+ years experience, Comp Sci degrees or experience to match
* Passionate about Android
* Strong Java skills
* Consuming restful and/or socket/websocket APIs
* Data modeling and local database management
* Syncing local data with back end systems
* State management
* Experience with Activities, Services, Content Providers, Broadcast Receivers
* Android life cycle
* Handling serialized data types: JSON, XML
* Handling and displaying various media types: images, video, audio
* Custom user interfaces and user experiences: from phones to tablets and beyond
* Animations and data presentation
* Firebase, notifications, and related services
* Android Studio, Gradle, Git, and other tools
* Security minded
* Integration with Chromecast, Android watches, and/or other OTT work
* Kotlin, C, C++ skills a plus
* API and CMS development
* Sysops work
* Front end mobile web development
* Native iOS development
* Over the Top (OTT), Internet of Things (IOT) development.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit and business needs. The Company will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, citizenship, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, sexual orientation, genetic information, physical or mental disability, veteran or marital status, or any other class protected by law. To comply with applicable laws ensuring equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with a disability, the Company will make reasonable accommodations for the known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified individual with a disability who is an applicant or an employee unless undue hardship to the Company would result..
Employer's Job# 17-04016
Please visit job URL for more information about this opening and to view EOE statement.