BlackRock Fixed Income Economic Research Analyst/Associate, New York in New York, New York
BlackRock is a global leader in investment management, risk management and advisory services for institutional and retail clients. At December 31, 2016, BlackRock’s AUM was $5.1 trillion. BlackRock helps clients around the world meet their goals and overcome challenges with a range of products that include separate accounts, mutual funds, iShares® (exchange-traded funds), and other pooled investment vehicles. BlackRock also offers risk management, advisory and enterprise investment system services to a broad base of institutional investors through BlackRock Solutions®. As of December 31, 2016, the firm had approximately 13,000 employees in more than 30 countries and a major presence in global markets, including North and South America, Europe, Asia, Australia and the Middle East and Africa. For additional information, please visit the Company’s website atwww.blackrock.com| Twitter: @blackrock_news | Blog:www.blackrockblog.com| LinkedIn:www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
Business Unit Overview
BlackRock’s Global Fixed Income team manages more than $1 trillion in global fixed income assets across index, active long-only, alternative, and liability driven strategies. The platform offers fixed income investors a broad array of investment choices across model-based and fundamental investment styles.
Working under the direction of and reporting directly to the Head of Economics for Global Fixed Income Americas, the Fixed Income Economic Research Analyst / Associate will assist in economic analysis, research, and the design, development and maintenance of statistical and econometric models in order to support the portfolio management teams in Global Fixed Income.The position will also help to communicate the analysis to investment teams across multiple platforms.
- Economic analysis of incoming economic and financial data
- Ongoing monitoring of economic data
- Building, programming and maintaining statistical models
- Assist in maintaining internal data
- Investigate and uncover new developments in the U.S. and global economies
- Communicating research insights to portfolio managers
- Bachelor’s Degree in Economics, Mathematics, Statistics, or a comparable field of study.Graduate level econometrics would be preferable.
- Experience applying advanced statistical analysis
- Proficient in one or more statistical analysis programs (Eviews, R, MatLab, SAS, SPSS, Stata, etc.)
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel (able to create and manipulate reports, graphs, custom formulas and pivot tables), as well as Word and Powerpoint.
- Detail-oriented with high degree of accuracy
- Experience doing careful data work
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and critical-thinking skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Positive attitude with friendly and professional demeanor
- Experience handling multiple projects and tasks simultaneously while effectively managing time constraints, setting priorities and meeting deadlines
- Able to work independently under minimal supervision
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability, veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
Job Function: Investment Management (Trading, Research, Portfolio Management)
Title: Fixed Income Economic Research Analyst/Associate, New York
Primary Location: Americas-United States-New York
Requisition ID: 171604
Job Posting: Jun 23, 2017, 3:19:22 PM