Marsh & McLennan Cos Financial Strategy Group Consultant in New York, New York
The Financial Strategy Group (FSG) Analyst is responsible for working as part of a team on a wide range of consultancy projects, including both actuarial and investment work on corporate and trustee clients.
To fulfill this role, the Analyst will:
* Consult directly to clients and supports more senior consultants, as appropriate, to deliver advice on risk management / reduction in relation to defined benefit plans for both trustee and corporate clients
* Provide leadership to the team, acting as a role model. Effectively delegates work to junior colleagues and able to give guidance and acts as peer reviewer for colleagues. May act in a supervisor role responsible for managing people performance and provide career advice.
* Ensure all professionalism / compliance standards and processes are understood and followed.
* Participate annually in goal setting and year end reviews of his or her performance. Establish goals that contribute to Mercer's success, including non billable projects
* Actively contribute to FSG specialist research process, FSG tools development and FSG intellectual capital
* Meet business development targets. Contribute to new business proposals and seek to extend the range of services prov ided to clients (FSG, investment, and cross business).
* Partner with senior consultants in indentifying new business opportunities, develop pursuit strategies, and support the new business and proposal processes
* Meet with clients and prospects where appropriate to deliver services and develop opportunities
* Bachelor's degree in mathematics, economics, finance or other business-related areas with strong quantitative and analytical course content or direct relevant experience required
* Minimum eight years experience within a Financial Strategy, Investment, and/or Retirement, Risk and Finance Consulting environment
* Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
* High proficiency in Excel
* Good technical skills, including proficiency in Microsoft Office and Powerpoint
* Actively pursuing an Actuarial/ Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) designation
* Intermediate understanding and experience in investment principles, actuarial calculations, actuarial and FSG tools and compliance.
* Depending on area of expertise, advanced knowledge and experience in actuarial services, investment consulting, Retirement Program Design, LDI strategies and manager selection, Mergers & Acquisitions, multinationals, strategic asset allocation and research.
* Developed sales skills and the ability to identify opportunities
* Self-motivation and an ability to work well in a highly collaborative team environment
* Excellent organisational, interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
* Ability to multitask, manage multiple priorities and work in a rapidly changing and dynamic environment
* High-level attention to detail and an understanding of its application to the bigger picture
* SEC licensing (if applicable)
At Mercer, we make a difference in the lives of more than 110 million people every day by advancing their health, wealth, and careers. We're in the business of creating more secure and rewarding futures for our clients and their employees - whether we're designing affordable health plans, assuring income for retirement or aligning workers with workforce needs. Using analysis and insights as catalysts for change, we anticipate and understand the individual impact of business decisions, now and in the future. We see people's current and future needs through a lens of innovation, and our holistic view, specialized expertise, and deep analytical rigor underpin each and every idea and solution we offer. For more than 70 years, we've turned our insights into actions, enabling people around the globe to live, work, and retire well. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. At Mercer, we say we Make Tomorrow, Today . Visit www.mercer.com for more information and follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter @Mercer.
Mercer LLC and its separately incorporated operating entities around the world are part of Marsh & McLennan Companies, a publicly held company (ticker symbol: MMC).
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://www.mmc.com/. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity .
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliates are EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers.