BlackRock is a global leader in investment management, risk management and advisory services for institutional and retail clients. At December 31, 2016, BlackRock’s AUM was $5.1 trillion. BlackRock helps clients around the world meet their goals and overcome challenges with a range of products that include separate accounts, mutual funds, iShares® (exchange-traded funds), and other pooled investment vehicles. BlackRock also offers risk management, advisory and enterprise investment system services to a broad base of institutional investors through BlackRock Solutions®. As of December 31, 2016, the firm had approximately 13,000 employees in more than 30 countries and a major presence in global markets, including North and South America, Europe, Asia, Australia and the Middle East and Africa. For additional information, please visit the Company’s website atwww.blackrock.com| Twitter: @blackrock_news | Blog:www.blackrockblog.com| LinkedIn:www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
The mission of the Advanced Data Analytics team is to employ data science to:
- Help clients make more informed investment decisions
- Create analytical solutions through collaboration with our partners
Culture of the team is very open, agile, quantitative, and entrepreneurial.
We believe that:
- Scale requires collaboration, flexibility, and an unwavering commitment to automation
- To be insightful requires experimentation and perseverance
- Challenging problems are the cauldron of creativity and discovery
- Data empowers and confers competitive advantage on those who use the right tool for the job
Background and Responsibilities
The role will be a key member of the FMG Advanced Data Analytics group in New York. The position will be an experienced individual in the field of big-data infrastructure, machine learning algorithms, and data visualization solutions. In addition to providing subject matter expertise in these fields, the candidate should be comfortable with multiple programming languages (Scala, Java, Python, R …) and multiple technologies (Hadoop, Spark, Tensorflow, RDBMS…) to support the modeling requirements of the diverse nature and demands of the team. In addition, the candidate will be supporting more senior members of the team to create tools and solutions that can help our clients with their investment decisions.
* Qualifications * ::
- Interest in computational statistics, in particular, the applications of machine learning and natural language processing to behavioral finance. We are working at the intersection of mathematics, computer science, and computational finance.
- Strong English language communication skills; ready to face off with finance and business subject matter experts on challenging problems
- A self-help attitude towards new technology combined with a quick ability to size up new projects sifting business value from marketing
- Aptitude for learning new programming languages to support data science projects
- Experience with open source data science tool kits and technologies
- Apache (Hadoop, Pig, Spark, Cassandra, Hbase, Storm, Kafka)
- R (markdown, dplyr, glmnet, caret, other packages)
- Experience building high quality interactive web based applications
- Angular, d3, R (ggplot2, shiny)
- Familiarity with cloud computing platforms, e.g. AWS, and configuration management systems, e.g. Ansible, a plus
- Familiarity with distributed compute engines, e.g. Spark and distributed caches, e.g. Ignite, Hazelcast, a plusFamiliarity with distributed compute engines, e.g. Spark and distributed caches, e.g. Ignite, Hazelcast, a plus
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability, veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
Job Function: Analytics
Primary Location: Americas-United States-New York
Requisition ID: 172098
Job Posting: Jul 16, 2017, 11:00:00 PM