Macquarie Financial Management Group - Tax Information Reporting & Withholding Manager (Part time) in New York, New York
RECRUITER: Amy Hillard
The role will involve ensuring Macquarie fulfils its reporting and filing obligations in relation to payments to non-resident and US resident persons including affiliates and non-affiliated entities.
The individual will be supported and assisted by teams in the Global Financial Services departments located in Jacksonville, Florida and Gurugram, India.
* Identify and assess the tax impact of emerging legislation on Macquarie and coordinate with Advisory team and business divisions on such legislation
* Identify tax withholding and deposit requirements
* Review current systems and procedures to determine needs
* Provide training to business and operations divisions on information reporting and withholding
* Assist in the implementation of operational support systems for forms administration
* Manage all WHT requirements of the Americas businesses including but not limited to administration of forms from US and foreign tax authorities; liaise with business units to understand their WHT bookings and system postings; support Tax Reporting department in answering questions on WHT and balances; and review WHT payments and supporting schedules.
* Review and reconcile FTC utilized by the US and other jurisdictions. Arrange for substantiation documentation for the benefit of tax return claims.
* Respond to requests from other jurisdictions relating to certification from the IRS but also make requests to foreign jurisdictions to sufficient standard for the US filing purposes.
* Work with other regions on FATCA / CRS obligations and oversee the filing requirements for the Americas region.
* Maintain appropriate compliance documentation from relevant customers and account holders.
Oversee monthly and annual reporting and reconciliation of accounting and filing WHT balances.
This role is structured to be part time in nature and we anticipate that this will be 3 days a week or equivalent suitable arrangements, though we are also open to candidates looking for a full-time position.
Macquarie is committed to providing a flexible workplace that supports our people to reach their full potential. Macquarie offers a range of flexible work arrangements to help our people achieve work/life balance, while fulfilling our work responsibilities and meeting the demands of our business.
At Macquarie, the diversity of our workforce is fundamental to our success. It ensures our business remains innovative, sustainable and continues to meet the evolving needs of our people and our clients. Our business model reflects the high value placed on unique contributions and an understanding of the risks of unchallenged conformity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or protected veteran status. Macquarie takes affirmative action in support of its policy to hire and advance in employment individuals who are minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
Bachelors Degree, in accounting and/or finance, Masters in Tax and/or CPA
Minimum 5 years Financial Services industry experience, preferably tax information reporting and operations related in banking and brokerage
* Detail-oriented with good intuitive reasoning and project management skills
* Strong communication, analytical, organizational, and research skills
* Good interpersonal skills, capable of working effectively in cross-functional and cross-border teams
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or protected veteran status. Macquarie takes affirmative action in support of its policy to hire and advance in employment individuals who are minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
ADVERTISED: 31 Aug 2017 Eastern Daylight Time
Employer's Job# FMG-935947
Please visit job URL for more information about this opening and to view EOE statement.