Robert Half Accountemps Financial Analyst in NEW YORK, New York
Accountemps is looking for a zealous Financial Analyst to be part of a thriving company in the Drink Beverages industry. We seek a candidate with a strong work ethic and a demonstrated competency in financial analysis. You will manage financial modeling on a range of financial products as well as measure, analyze, and forecast performance in conjunction with operating plans in this position. You will be relied on to advise management on the allocation of resources to best accomplish objectives and prepare reports for management. You will be a part of a dynamic team being a key business partner in areas such as forecasting, performance reporting, and expense management. This Financial Analyst role is a short term temporary employment opportunity and is located in the New York, New York, area. What you get to do every single day - Pilot the strategy and business planning process - Present analytical support during New Year readiness/Year End planning cycle - Establish knowledge in and apply econometric and statistical methods to forecasting - Participate in planning with senior executives on strategic deep dives by developing financial models and insights on topics such as: Retention forecasts, Campaign Planning Tracking, return on investment of strategic investments, event tracking and execution, strategic resource allocation, and prioritization - Create effective Business Intelligence (BI) to provide forward-looking insight and recommendation support - Become rooted within the Marketing and Customer Success organizations. Establish trust and quickly understand the key drivers of the business, economic trends and core metrics - Assess potential risks and opportunities and research performance - Manage monthly reporting to business partners on financial results and actions required - Keep up weekly, quarterly and annual Area/Segment level Bookings and P L forecasting - Review annual performance by comparing actual results to their expectations - Work next to cross-functional partners in Accounting, Recruiting, People and Operations to execute against plans - Perform extensive research on the underlying internal and external drivers that are affecting performance and trending - Oversee the monthly and quarterly financial close process by working with Accounting
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Excel and computer skills (prior experience programming is highly sought after)
- Prior experience at a top investment bank is desirable
- Ability to recognize, evaluate, and resolve problems effectively
- 3+ years of experience in a highly quantitative role
- Firm understanding of problem solving through statistical analysis or with large data sets highly preferable (such as in derivatives, structured finance, or business analytics or in a similarly demanding and analytical role)
- Microsoft Excel experience preferred
- SAP experience
- Financial analysis experience
- Outstanding communication skills, excellent interpersonal skills, both oral and written, and ability to build as well as deliver effective presentations
- Excellent written/verbal communication and organizational skills
- Familiarity with Hyperion reporting products required
- BA/BS degree from a top-tier university with strong academic performance
Accountemps matches highly skilled professionals with accounting finance jobs at the best companies on a temporary and temporary-to-hire basis. Our mission is to provide you with a rewarding finance or accounting job that is well matched to your professional skills helping you to advance in your career. Our experience, combined with the resources of our worldwide network of offices, makes Accountemps a great resource for your career. We offer excellent opportunities to find temporary accounting and finance jobs for all experience levels. From accounting clerks and bookkeepers to accounts payable and staff accountants, we can provide you unparalleled access to exciting career opportunities. But don't take our word for it. Our company once again was named first in our industry on Fortune® magazine's list of "World's Most Admired Companies" (March 1, 2017), and 9 out of 10 of our customers would recommend our service to a colleague.
Contact your local Accountemps office at 888.670.5403 or visit www.accountemps.com to apply for this job now or find out more about other job opportunities.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. All applicants applying for Canadian job openings must be authorized to work in Canada.
© 2017 Accountemps. An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veterans