Hill International, Inc. Field Project Manager in New York, New York
Position Title: Field Representative
Hill International is an international construction consulting firm that provides program and project management, construction management, cost engineering and estimating, quality assurance, inspection, scheduling, risk management and claims avoidance to clients involved in major construction projects worldwide. Hill has participated in over 10,000 project assignments with a total construction value of more than $500 billion. Hill is ranked as the 8th largest construction management firm in the United States according to Engineering News-Record magazine. Hill employs more than 3,300 professionals and support personal in local offices around the world.
We are seeking to employ a Field Representative staff for residential housing projects associated with the Hurricane Sandy Build it Back Program in New York City.
* Must have a minimum of 5-10 years experience
* Four year college degree is Required
* Elevation experience preferred
* Demonstrate experience with Safety Training
* Candidate will be responsible for providing daily inspection of construction work within a given discipline to ensure the project is in compliance with plans and specifications
* Be proactive and alert project management professionals to issues that may come up in the field
1. Performs daily inspections and reports progress (via phone app) for 10 homes under construction
2. Verifies change order work is appropriate and completed.
3. Interacts with client and contractors to expedite contractor performance and paperwork completion
4. Able to read plans and confirm contractor is performing scope of work in accordance with plans
5. Able to review and confirm payment requisitions
6. Proactively works to resolve scoping concerns
7. Interact with homeowners to resolve their concerns
8. Performs quality control duties
9. Coordinate required inspections
10. Identify contractor non-compliance with EHS standards
11. Participate and lead weekly meetings
12. Must be able to travel via personal transportation throughout the 5 boroughs (reimburse mileage and tolls from work location).
Hill International is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/W/D/V
Employer's Job# 16000529
Please visit job URL for more information about this opening and to view EOE statement.