Google Engineering Director, Financial Systems (Controllership Accounting) in New York, New York
Applications for this role will be accepted from 6/19-6/26.
Note: By applying to this position your application is automatically submitted to the following locations: New York, NY, USA; Mountain View, CA, USA
Google's mission is to organize the world's information and make it universally accessible and useful. Delivering on that mission requires a laser focus on product growth opportunities, and our finance organization is a key enabler to those strategies.
As a leader in this organization, you will partner with the Finance Accounting team to execute a multi-year systems roadmap. You will be in charge of Google’s Controllership systems across all subledger functions including efforts to automate business processes and tools. You will work closely with the Finance Leadership team to address areas of opportunity and risk, as well as partner with teams in Corporate Engineering and the business to ensure clear, consistent coordination and timely execution.
The name Google came from "googol," a mathematical term for the number 1 followed by 100 zeros. And nobody at Google loves big numbers like the Finance team when providing in depth analysis on all manner of strategic decisions across Google products. From developing forward-thinking analysis to generating management reports to scaling our automated financial processes, the Finance organization is an important partner and advisor to the business.
- Design and oversee the implementation of a multi-year finance technology roadmap that is aligned to the needs and ambitious growth agendas of businesses across Google Finance and Accounting teams.
- Gain an in-depth understanding of existing accounting systems, structures and processes across the entire portfolio and design next generation platforms to enable future growth.
- Partner closely with Finance teams to develop, deploy and deliver on a prioritized investment strategy for ideal end-state architecture. Collaborate with Engineering teams to architect finance infrastructure, systems and platforms that consolidate data sources and optimize/streamline processes, including key accounting transaction and close and consolidation cycles.
- Undertake rigorous analyses around buy versus build approaches and engage with product vendors to influence roadmap and design customizations.
- Act as a strategic partner to lead change alongside people, processes and systems. Manage and influence varied stakeholders to build and implement transformation initiatives and organizational capabilities across a dynamic, fast-paced, highly matrixed organization.
- BA/BS degree in MIS, Computer Science, Accounting/Finance with Technical background or equivalent practical experience.
- 10 years of accounting systems architecture experience with experience in data models to drive accounting transaction flow consistency, quality, and compliance.
- 8 years of experience as Corp IT Accounting/Finance senior executive.
- Experience leading financial systems transformations.
- Master's degree in Finance, Information Technology, Computer Science or Business (MBA).
- Systems development experience including big data modeling techniques.
- Proven track record with strategic and operational management in a complex, global environment.
- Superior business partnering skills including the ability to build senior level relationships, manage stakeholders, build trust and execute across functional boundaries.
- Solid business judgment and effective communication skills.
At Google, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other company location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.