HNTB Corporation Electrical Field Engineer in New York, New York
|Electrical Field Engineer|
|HNTB Job Title||Field Technical Spec III|
|Position Type||Regular Full-Time|
HNTB is seeking an Office Engineer for our New York, NY office.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Responsible for providing engineering inspection and documentation of construction work performed by contractor, in order to monitor the project construction compliance with plans, specifications, and contract provisions, as well as state and local regulations in order to protect the clients’ interests.
- Reads and interpret the contractors work schedule in an effort to manage time proactively.
- Maintains daily logs of inspection work which is assigned and reviews discrepancies or changes from project plans, specifications, or contract provisions Senior Project Staff.
- Read and comprehend contract documents Perform complex mathematical calculations for survey of quantities Keep Inspectors Daily Report of assigned work activities.
- Produce As-Constructed sketches as required.
- Perform on-site material testing.
- Monitor work of Contractor.
- Perform basic shop drawing review.
- Read and interpret Contractors CPM schedule.
- Perform measurements of completed work to date.
- Extensive travel may be required, therefore, incumbent must be able to travel using a vehicle.
- May be exposed to loud noises, dust, chemicals, extreme weather conditions and sunlight while out in the field. May be required to work in a wide range of sometimes extreme weather conditions, including heat up to 120 degrees, cold as low as 15 degrees, strong winds, rain, sleet or snow.
- Work mostly consists of five, eight-hour days. Travel, overtime and/or night work may be required.
- Must be able to physically lift /carry 50 lbs.
- Regular and punctual attendance is required.
- Bachelors of Science in Civil Engineering
- Master of Science in Construction Management preferred
- Minimum of 4 years of construction related experience
- Engineering-In-Training (EIT) license preferred
- Experiences with NYCDOT and NYCDDC construction practices
- Proficiency in on-site materials testing
Environment and Physical Requirements: Work is generally performed in an office environment in which there is only minimal exposure to unpleasant and/or hazardous working conditions. Incumbent must have the ability to stand and sit frequently throughout an eight-hour period, reach vertically for overhead use as well as horizontally. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The HNTB Companies are an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, gender, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status, genetic information, sexual orientation, pregnancy status, physical or mental disability, veteran status or other status protected by law. In compliance with the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986, we will hire only U.S. citizens and aliens lawfully authorized to work in the United States (if the position is or will be one which is subject to U.S. law). We will provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individual with a disability where appropriate.
The HNTB Companies are an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy status, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, marital status, genetic information, citizenship status, or other status protected by law. In compliance with the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986, we will hire only U.S. citizens and aliens lawfully authorized to work in the United States (if the position is or will be one which is subject to U.S. law). We will provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individual with a disability where appropriate.