Barnes & Noble Editor, SparkNotes in New York, New York
NY-New York (Midtown)
As a SparkNotes Editor, you are responsible for producing great content that helps students understand literature. You recruit and manage freelance writers with the best talent, editing their work and rewriting as necessary to deliver manuscripts that precisely meet the needs of the SparkNotes site and business.
Auto req ID:
• Recruits and manages freelance writers; gives assignments, instruction, and feedback
• Edits manuscripts to meet the standards and specifications of each project on tight deadlines; prepared to rewrite and revise manuscripts aggressively; able to generate new content and copy quickly, especially in the area of literary analysis
• Develops new content and product ideas, defining and validating the vision for each product
• Achieves and maintains individual editorial goals on a weekly and monthly basis.
• Additional job duties or responsibilities may be assigned.
• Education requirement – bachelor’s degree or higher, preferably in the humanities
• Superior writing and editing skills
• Knowledge and understanding of how to create content for high school and college-level students in the area of English Language Arts
• Knowledge and understanding of English Literature and literary analysis, especially Shakespeare
• Strong organization, time-management, prioritization, multi-tasking, independent-decision making, problem-solving, interpersonal, and analytical skills
• Works well under deadlines
Barnes & Noble is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and is committed to providing employment opportunities to minorities, females, veterans, and disabled individuals, as well as other protected groups.