NBC Universal Digital Research Manager in New York, New York
Job Number 35199BR
Job Title Digital Research Manager
Business Segment Owned Stations & Affiliate Relations
Sub-Business NBCUOTS - Platform Dev&Comm
Posting Category Research
About Us NBCUniversal is one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news, and information to a global audience. NBCUniversal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, and world-renowned theme parks. NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
Career Level Experienced
Country United States
State/Province New York
City New York
Reporting to the Digital Research Director, the Digital Research Manager will provide strategic qualitative and quantitative insights for the NBC Owned Television Stations nonlinear properties.
• Leverage various multi-platform data sources to craft compelling sales stories and drive revenue for the division’s websites, apps, and TV Everywhere platforms.
• Work with the sales organization to identify and capitalize on new market opportunities
• Conduct competitive analyses to determine our unique value proposition
• Ad hoc qualitative reporting for RFPs
• Collaborate with campaign managers to ensure KPIs are correctly measured and assist in post-campaign reporting
• Present reports to key stakeholders and evangelize digital sales opportunities
• Assist with traffic and budget projections
• Manage one to two direct reports.
• Vet potential vendors and manage relationships with existing vendors.
• Complete other duties as assigned
• 6+ years in the media research field
• Advanced experience with Nielsen @Plan and Scarborough
• Advanced knowledge of Adobe Analytics and comScore, including experience debugging server calls.
• Experience pulling and analyzing Nielsen Ratings
• High productivity with Microsoft Excel (e.g. pivot tables, lookups, regression, advanced formatting)
• Bachelor’s Degree
• Detailed oriented; ability to spot problems with data quality and minimize reporting errors.
• Clear and effective communicator; excellent written and verbal skills
• Passionate about delivering fresh and innovative ideas
• Understanding of digital monetization
• Knowledgeable about research, technology and media industry trends
• Team player with the ability to juggle multiple projects, effectively meet stakeholder’s needs and meet tight deadlines
• Experience with TV Everywhere
We are an equal opportunity employer, offering a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation. Clickto view the NBCUniversal Candidate Privacy Statement.