Gensler Design Analyst in New York, New York
Design Analyst (Design Strategist Development Program)
BEFORE APPLYING: This posting is for Gensler s Design Strategist Development (DSD) Program - a 24-month, on-the-job training program for early-career professionals interested in design strategy. Visit the program s website here before applying.
You are an ambitious early-career professional with a design background who is passionate about tackling tough problems through unconventional insights into people, process and places where the two collide. You are someone who inspires the people around you, brings a fresh perspective and works collaboratively in a team. You ideally possess a background in designing for the built environment as well as possess strong interpersonal, analytical and problem solving skills, and you have demonstrated excellent leadership from your past academic or professional achievements. You must have comfort in a fast-paced, dynamic, open, collaborative environment and the ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously. You are a self-starter, quick learner, and have an entrepreneurial spirit.
What You Will Do
During this 24-month, on-the-job professional training program, you will be imbedded into Gensler s Consulting Practice. There you will gain firsthand exposure to the skills and experiences you need to achieve professional success as a design strategist. Visit the DSD Program website here for more information on the program.
Critical considerations prior to applying:
* You must follow all program application directions and meet the Personal Dossier submission requirements as outlined here.
* You must already be legally able to work in the United States for the full two years of the program. We cannot accept candidates requiring current or future sponsorship (e.g. H-1B visa status). Canadian and Mexican nationals may be eligible for the program with a TN visa through the US Free Trade Agreement.
* You must be willing to relocate upon the conclusion of the program.
Successful candidates will possess:
* An undergraduate or master s degree in architecture, interior design, environmental design, urban design, industrial design, real estate, design strategy, organizational development or similar fields. A degree from an accredited institution (when applicable) is preferred.
* A professional or educational background in the design of the built environment (architecture, interior design, urban design, etc).
* Professional experience related to your field of study; your experience may include relevant internships and/or co-op experience
* A strong academic background. A minimum of a 3.0 cumulative American GPA (or equivalent from your country of study) is preferred.
* Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
* Strong graphic and persuasive writing skills
* Familiarity with research methodologies and processes
* An interest in user research, design strategy, and space programming
* The following technical skills:
* Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook) and Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign)
* Basic skills in AutoCAD and/or Revit
* Basic skills in 3D and multi-media technologies is a plus
Additional considerations: Gensler has always been about recognizing the value that people with different life experiences, backgrounds and viewpoints bring to our family. We embrace and celebrate our differences because we see them for what they are: powerful drivers of innovation. Come be part of our talented community joined by a passion for design, a dedication to our clients, and a shared set of values. Though not required, the following attributes that contribute to our program s diversity will be highly considered:
* Dual degrees in two diverse, yet interrelated fields (Example: anthropology + interior design)
Life at Gensler
Gensler is a global architecture and design firm grounded in the belief that design strategy optimizes business performance and human potential. Our 5,000+ practitioners networked across 46 offices use global perspective and local presence to innovate at every scale. Whether we are refreshing a retailer s brand, planning a new urban district, or designing a super tall building, we strive to make the everyday places people occupy more inspiring, more resilient, and more impactful.
At Gensler, we are as committed to enjoying life as we are to delivering best-in-class design. From curated art exhibits to internal design competitions to Well-being Week, our offices reflect our people s diverse interests.
We encourage every person at Gensler to lead a healthy and balanced life. Our comprehensive benefits include medical, dental, vision, disability, wellness programs, flex spending, paid holidays, and paid time off. We also offer a 401k, profit sharing, employee stock ownership, and twice annual bonus opportunities.
As part of the firm s commitment to licensure and professional development, Gensler offers reimbursement for certain professional licenses and associated renewals and exam fees. In addition, we reimburse tuition for certain eligible programs or classes. We view our professional development programs as strategic investments in our future.
Gensler is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program. Women, minorities, disabled and veterans are encouraged to apply. Gensler is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Back Email Apply Now
Employer's Job# 11270
Please visit job URL for more information about this opening and to view EOE statement.