Google Curriculum Specialist, Google Fiber in New York, New York
Note: By applying to this position your application is automatically submitted to the following locations: Atlanta, GA, USA; New York, NY, USA; Mountain View, CA, USA
With the Google Access team, you’ll work on cross-product and cross-team initiatives, working closely with cross-functional team members to refine and evolve our projects, as well as deploy new technologies to markets and communities around the globe. You like being on-the-ground, executing complex projects that bring internet access to people.
As Curriculum Specialist, you will oversee the curriculum offerings supporting the Customer Service team who is responsible for the contact centers that service Google Fiber customers. These learning solutions will be a combination of various learning offerings from online to in-person, as well as maintaining an overall curriculum strategy for various contact center roles.
You will refine programs in various states of maturity, from existing courses to content requiring formal needs analysis, and work closely with our instructional design teams to ensure consistent hands-on practice, activities and assessments are deployed. You'll match business requirements from the Customer Support and Contact Center Operations team to current learning offerings, and identify gaps and new course development opportunities. You will conduct learning needs analysis for several contact center roles, confirm curriculum and delivery strategy, and work across our Fiber Education team to ensure quality and consistency standards.
At Access, our mission is to create abundant internet on networks that are always fast and always open. Google Fiber provides superfast Internet to homes in 9 metro areas across the U.S. We want to bring Google Fiber to customers even faster, so we’re focused on making deployment more efficient and less intrusive.
- Design, develop and and implement a competency-based curriculum supporting our Contact Center and Operations team, and related technical role and learning paths.
- Ensure the highest level of stakeholder confidence and credibility--particularly to ensure predictable timelines and agreed expectations.
- Maintain consistent and clear communications with Fiber Education’s instructional design team.
- Consistently identify opportunities to gain scale while maintaining program quality and success.
- Be a self-directed, passionate leader who is customer focused and acts with a sense of urgency to proactively address issues, obstacles, and shortfalls that may impact performance.Manage related budgeting and resources requirements.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 8 years of experience in business education, workforce development building or managing complex training projects/programs.
- 5 years of experience in a curriculum management leadership role, supporting a variety of roles and learning paths.
- 1 year of experience in a vendor management role.
- Experience in design, development and implementation of learning courses systems, and software applications/platforms.
- Demonstrated ability to consult with and influence stakeholders as well as manage complex, cross-functional programs.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and dynamic environment, work non-standard work hours as needed, and travel as required.
- Excellent consultation, presentation and communication skills and judgment, with the ability to work cross-functionally.
- Excellent attention to detail, time management multi-tasking skills.
At Google, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other company location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.