Macy's Coordinator, Specialized Selling in New York, New York
* Job Overview: *
As the Specialized Selling Coordinator, you will support the Manager of Communications & Training for Specialized Selling. You will undertake a variety of day-to-day office and clerical tasks and be an integral part in ensuring that communication and training operations run smoothly. Perform other duties as assigned.
Essential Functions: *
• Coordinate communication to Specialized Selling teams, Home SM's, Home DM’s in stores/districts including monthly newsletters, product knowledge, and support specialized selling training when applicable. • Support Manager of Communications and Training with maintenance of all Specialized Selling portal pages. • Assist in responding to vendor inquiries as it relates to existing contractual obligations. • Assist with collaboration with AR/HR to communicate Specialized Selling program changes.
• Monitor all internal blog comments for Specialized Selling and escalate issues appropriately when necessary. • Work with Communications/Training Manager to facilitate webinars when necessary.
• Assist in creation and maintenance of vendor sponsored initiatives. • Maintain Specialized Selling rosters and ownership by location.
• Pull and communicate open jobs to appropriate parties monthly to reduce open job rate. • Review departmental documents for accuracy when applicable. • Coordinate logistical efforts for in-store training meetings. • Complete ad hoc projects for Manager of Communications/Training. • Completes other related duties as required and assigned. • Perform these functions in an efficient manner, as directed by the Supervisor.
• Regular, dependable attendance and punctuality.
- Education/Experience: *
• High School diploma or equivalent required, Bachelor’s Degree preferred. • Minimum of 2 years related experience preferred.
Communication Skills: *
- * • Excellent written and verbal communication skills. • Ability to read, write, and interpret instructional documents such as reports and procedure manuals.
- Mathematical Skills: *
- * • Basic math functions such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division.
- Reasoning Ability: *
• Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision.
Physical Demands: *
• This position requires regular walking, standing, hearing, and talking. • May occasionally involve stooping, kneeling, or crouching. • Vision abilities include close vision, color vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Other Skills: *
• Proficient in Microsoft office, specifically Word, Excel and Power Point. SharePoint knowledge is strongly desired. • Professional approach and ability to collaborate with Senior Executives. • Strong interpersonal skills. • Strong leadership profile, highly structured and organized. • Able to adapt quickly to changing priorities. • Must be pro-active, self-motivated, and work independently to achieve goals when necessary but also take direction. • Strong customer selling and service orientation. • Ability to generate business correspondence and conduct phone conversations with vendors and management with proficiency and professionalism. • Ability to collaborate and function as a member of a team.
• Must possess a strong sense of urgency. • Strong leadership profile and excellent negotiation skills.
Work Hours: *
• Ability to work a flexible schedule based on department and store/company needs.
- This job description is not all inclusive. Macy’s Inc. reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. Macy's Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. *
Primary Location: United States-New York-New York- NY
Job: Other Non-Selling/Support
Req ID: MAC07399