Bloomberg Compliance Officer – Financial Crimes / USA in New York, New York
Job Requisition Number: 62084
The Global Bloomberg Compliance Department provides compliance coverage of Bloomberg's regulated entities and products including support for Bloomberg's non-regulated products and services. We work closely with our Legal Department to address regulatory issues, ensure compliance with current/developing rules and regulations, and correspond with regulators.
What's The Role?
We are seeking a Compliance Officer who will be responsible for providing support on matters related to Financial Crimes prevention with particular focus on bribery and corruption prevention. You will report into the Senior Compliance Officer responsible for Sanctions and Anti-Bribery / Anti-Corruption Compliance.
We'll Trust You To:
- Conduct Know Your Customer (“KYC”) and Customer Due Diligence (“CDD”) on customers, vendors, third parties, and joint venture partners and producing reports highlighting facts that pose a financial crime risk to the firm
- Review remediation results of periodic vendor due diligence and address risk within financial crime
- Conduct internal investigations in conjunction with various internal partners
- Perform sanctions screening and review daily sanctions alerts generated by internal screening tools
- Provide advice to various businesses globally on gifts, entertainment, and hospitality; Produce benchmarking reports, comparing current practices to leading global standards and recommend changes to policies and procedures
- Support businesses in responding to RFPs
- Participate in periodic FCPA / UK Bribery Act risk assessments involving several businesses globally
- Assist in crafting coursework within financial crimes and conduct in-person training of various businesses
You'll Need To Have:
- Minimum 5 years of general experience in financial crimes prevention with a focus on bribery/corruption prevention
- Familiarity with Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (“FCPA”) and UK Bribery Act
- Familiarity with US / OFAC sanctions and ability to conduct due diligence on customers, vendors, and other third parties with a focus on sanctions risk
- Ability to produce concise reports (due diligence, investigations) and present findings to business and other stakeholders
We'd Love To See:
- Familiarity with Bank Secrecy Act and EU's 4th AML Directive
- That you have an interest in international relations/world events and how it applies to financial crimes.
If That Sounds Like You:
Apply - if we believe you're a good match, we'll get in touch with you to let you know next steps.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.