Capital One Services, LLC Commercial Internal Communications Manager in New York, New York
Job ID: R34492Bethesda Metro Center (17049), United States of America, Bethesda, Maryland
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Commercial Internal Communications Manager
Capital One, a Fortune 500 company and one of the nation's top 10 banks, offers a broad spectrum of financial products and services to consumers, small businesses and commercial clients. Ourgoal is to create one of the nation's great banks, and we have the necessary ingredients: a strong balance sheet, resilient businesses, a massive customer franchise, strong analytical capabilities, and great people. We nurture a work environment where people with a variety of thoughts, ideas and backgrounds, guided by our shared Values, come together to make Capital One a great company - and a great place to work.
As a Manager of Internal Communications for Capital One, you will drive the communications strategy for select Commercial LOBs and teams, ensuring that strategy and corresponding plans are aligned to advancing Top of House business strategy as well as local business/team priorities. Plans will work backwards from key constituents - our associates and outcomes desired by our leaders. Manager will need to influence business partners to engage in, and integrate proposed communications recommendations and plans. Manager will be seen as a strategic thought partner by their internal business partners who will be "invited" into business discussions because of their thought leadership and who can also tactically deliver and drive results. You will work with smart and passionate people in a fast-paced , and matrixed environment to deliver results that have a direct impact on the company's bottom line and the experience of Commercial associates. You will be challenged to innovate channels and platforms for leaders to better drive messaging and outcomes. You will invest the necessary time to understand the business, what is important to associates and what is important to leaders as they lead their teams and LOBs. Expected to excel and lead alongside the brightest talent in the industry and be rewarded for your achievements.
- Develop strong understanding of business priorities and translate that into strategic communications plans and recommendations to drive partner engagement, input and endorsement
- Implement communication plan and tactics throughout the year that are fluid based on changing business / associate needs
- Leverage understanding of business, leader expectations, business priorities and associate morale and feedback to drive recommendations and influence decisions around communications; earn role as communications thought partner to leaders and partners
- Develop deep understanding of associate base and work backwards from desired outcomes to design communications plans
- Navigate across teams and partners in a matrixed environment to make linkages and connect dots for greater impact of communications
- Drive top of house messaging and priorities down through vertical LOB's and teams to ensure consistency of messaging across Commercial business
- Understand leader voice and translate into tailored communications, platforms and messaging that are authentic while still being consistent
- Routine travel expected (35%)
- Bachelor's Degree or Military experience
- At least 5 Years of experience in Communications, or PR or Marketing
- At least 2 Years of People Management experience
- Masters / MBA degree
- Lean / agile training or experience
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Capital One is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender, race, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; Newark, New Jersey Ordinance 12-1630; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.