Microsoft Corporation Channel Sales Manager IoT in New York, New York
Joining The Microsoft Team Means…
Microsoft’s CDS division leads the ecosystem of Microsoft partners to design and sell the latest device solutions featuring Windows platform, Windows Server, Office and Windows Embedded/IoT. One of the largest and most profitable business at Microsoft, the CDS division is chartered with maximizing Microsoft’s impact across the entire OEM partner ecosystem from the supply chain to OEMs and through the distribution channels. If you’re passionate about impacting the global ecosystem of partners, and influencing the customer experience on the hundreds of millions of devices that ship every year, then this is the team for you.
The Internet of Things (IoT) Device Experience Team is responsible for the global relationship management and sales performance of more than 8,000 OEMs that are designing and selling many of the most exciting and widely used devices such as Point Of Service, Self Service Kiosks, Digital Signage, ATMs, GPS/PNDs, Industrial PCs and even wearable and other emerging IoT device categories. Sales ecosystem include silicon providers, ODM’s, Value Added resellers, system integrators, independent service vendors, service provider as well as OEMs. Our mission is to accelerate and scale the repeatable device-to-cloud solutions with the device ecosystem partners globally.
The Regional Sales Manager is a key sales leadership role for the global OEM Embedded/ IoT Region, covering its specific geographies. This is a senior level sales management position which is directly responsible for the management of a team of Channel Executives and Principal Solution Specialists in the region.
The Impact You’ll Be Making…
- (25%) Partner Relationships: Build trusted advisory executive CXO relationships with the top partners through a deep understanding of the partners’ strategy and business imperatives. Share expert knowledge of Microsoft (MSFT) strategies in a simplified manner to the partner. Drive alignment between partner’s and MSFT’s senior executives and values to jointly agree on the partner’s device, product and services strategies. Maintain a deep knowledge of the IoT devices and solution market as well as industry trends to share with partner.
Accountabilities: Quality of support provided to the sales team on key customer and contractual engagements, CPE
- (15%) Partner Business Transformation: Leverage industry relationships with a diverse ecosystem of partners that support the complex embedded/emerging IoT device and solution landscape. Transform existing partners and onboard new partners to IoT scenarios, including device, applications and solutions.
Accountabilities: Contribution to the partner business transformation and solution business growth rate
- (15%) Business Growth: Deliver strong regional growth for Microsoft in the Embedded / IoT space by exceeding defined targets for revenue growth, market share, and customer satisfaction across the region. Ensure account teams collaborate through end-to-end sales engagements with OEM’s to accelerate device to market growth and facilitate collaboration across field, channel, BG marketing, and other internal stakeholder teams.
Accountabilities: Revenue growth, Share growth, CPE
- (25%) Sales Leadership: Own sales management business rhythm including: account plan execution, efficient management of pipeline and forecasting, competitive analysis and win/loss review. Efficiently manage pipeline of deal opportunities registered by our partners. Generate quality field-based feedback that results in short-term improvements to business practices and help to beat revenue objectives. Provide well thought-out and written business cases that help evolve our long-term sales strategy, business model and product strategies.
Accountabilities: Quality execution of exceeding the metrics, Contribution to the evolution of the IoT sales model
- (20%) People Leadership: Lead high performing organization and talent management. Develop and build next generation of leaders by managing all aspects of people development and training
Accountabilities: Team Work Health Index.
Who we’re looking for…
Experience Required: Education, Skills and Knowledge:
• 10+ years of sales management and / or technical leadership experience
• Undergraduate degree in engineering, computer science, or business; MBA preferred.
• Excellent sales management from pipeline modeling as well as the ability to coach the sales process
• Outstanding track record of successfully managing a large, complex sales and specialist organization
• Strong people management skills: ability to manage people issues effectively, to set clear commitments, to focus on accountability, to assess relative performance and manage attrition and grow diversity and inclusion.
• Demonstrated ability to develop and execute strategic plans and to drive influence in a matrixed environment
• Excited about new technologies, their adoption and developing a joint go-to-market approach to drive revenue growth, market share growth, Windows share of devices, and Azure service consumption.
• Has deep partner connection and insight: Develops trusting relationships with critical partners and achieves partner satisfaction.
• Proficient communication experience with senior executives internally and externally and is comfortable interacting at all levels of the organization.
• Strong planning and organization skills, with the ability to manage multiple, complex projects simultaneously.
• Strong analytical skills applied to business metrics to (1) identify market opportunities, (2) quantify results and (3) execute on COE plans.
• Data-driven, independent thinker who can operate within a broad framework.
• The proven ability to draft and implement successful sales plans that results in faster than market growth and increases in market share, along with an executive acumen for addressing complex competitive threats, drive strategic decisions with partners, manage multiple high priority activities, and make appropriate calls to advance the business in ambiguous situation
• Excellent interpersonal, collaboration, planning and leadership competencies
• Passionate about partners and customers.
At Microsoft, we believe that diversity enriches our performance and products, the communities where we live and work, and the lives of our employees. As our workforce evolves to reflect the growing diversity of our communities and the global marketplace, our efforts to understand, value, and incorporate differences become increasingly important. Come explore diversity at Microsoft!
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.