Paul Weiss Rifkind, Wharton & Garrison LLP Business Intelligence Analyst in New York, New York
Under the supervision of the RBI Director and BI Manager, the analyst will conduct specialized research and analysis of companies, industries, markets and competitors, using a comprehensive variety of print and online resources. The analyst will develop and communicate insightful and actionable business intelligence and provide meaningful recommendations to support business growth and profitability. The qualified individual will also have the ability to work well in a collaborative environment.
- Research, analyze and prepare reports on a wide variety of company, business, industry, markets and/or competitor data to support the firm’s business development and strategic initiatives.
- Provide research assistance to lawyers to support practice or client-related projects as assigned.
- Assist in efforts to market the BI group’s service to firm personnel.
- Monitor news developments affecting the legal and other industries, key clients and other topics as assigned.
- Keep metrics on work completed for monthly and annual reports.
Perform special projects and other duties as assigned.
Requires advanced degree or some equivalent of education and experience with focus on market analysis and business intelligence/financial services and a minimum of three years of business/competitive intelligence research experience, with some knowledge of legal research a plus.
- Highly tuned research and analysis skills, with ability to analyze data and draw conclusions and to provide actionable intelligence.
- Exceptional written, oral communication and customer service skills.
- Strong knowledge of competitive intelligence principles as they relate to law firms or corporate entities.
- Demonstrated ability to synthesize and distill information from diverse sources and deliver objective, meaningful insights in concise, compelling ways.
- Solid ability working with financial/business and industry specific databases and Microsoft products, particularly Word and Excel.
- Ability to work well with staff at all levels of the firm, as well as handle an array of projects, many under tight deadlines.
- Self-starter with a strong ability to effectively manage multiple projects concurrently and a flexibility and willingness to work extended hours as required.
- Strong sense of urgency and professional dedication.
##### Disclaimer Statement
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of the work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Tracking Code: 885-159
Job Location: New York, New York, United States
Position Type: Full-Time/Regular