Old Navy Brand Associate (P/T) in New York, New York
OLD NAVY is conducting a CUSTOMIZED RECRUITMENT at the NY STATE DEPT. OF LABOR on THURSDAY, JULY 27, 2017
BRAND ASSOCIATE (P/T)
As a Brand Associate your passion for apparel and fashion trends will enable you to drive sales and create a great experience for our customers. Your dedication to providing a neat, clean, organized and safe shopping environment for our customers and team is an important part of creating this experience. As a Brand Associate, you deliver on the customer experience through the 3 Old Navy Standards: Ready, Urgent and Approachable. Your enthusiasm and ability to deliver on these standards will help you grow your career with the Brand.
Brand Associate Attitudes
- You are passionate about fashion and apparel and love our products
- You build relationships and want to be part of a winning team
- You take pride in yourself, your work and the success of your store
- You work with drive and energy showing that you have a desire to make a difference
- You love your community and actively work to make it better
- You take initiative, anticipate needs, and solve problems quickly and efficiently
Brand Associate Job Duties
- Greet and engage with the customer at all times, using our product to connect with the customer
- Perform tasks as requested of you each shift and that pertain to the successful operation of the business
- Listen to the customer and observe non-verbal cues to anticipate service needs
- Offer product suggestions and add on additional items when engaging with customers
- Maintain a clean and safe environment that prevents loss and minimizes risk
- Process cashier transactions quickly, accurately and drive our brand loyalty programs
- Keep our product folded, sized, in-stock and organized on the sales floor and up stocks/back stocks
- Place styles, sizes and colors of product on the sales floor so they are available for the customer
- Welcome customers to the fitting room and keep the area neat, clean and organized at all times
- Process all tasks quickly and accurately per company defined policies and procedures, with a focus on customer service and with a sense of urgency and pride
- Execute the shipment process to meet productivity and presentation standards
- Execute signage and markdown processes accurately and efficiently to meet productivity and pricing standards
- Execute the replenishment tasks with attention to detail ensuring all styles, sizes and colors are available
Brand Associate Requirements
- Availability to work overnight shift.
- Knowledge of a second language is a strong plus.
- Ability to effectively communicate with customers and team members
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds
- Ability to effectively maneuver around the sales floor and stockroom
- Ability to demonstrate strong customer focused service on and off the sales floor
- Ability to work a flexible schedule to meet the needs of the business
- Ability to work with/around cleaning chemicals
Complete online application:
Schedule Appointment by calling or e-mailing Ms. Diaz at 718-613-3696 or BrooklyntoWork@labor.ny.gov - If e-mailing, include name and primary phone # and write "Old Navy" in the subject line.
New York State Dept. of Labor
250 Schermerhorn St. (corner of Schermerhorn & Bond Streets).
Brooklyn, NY 11201
Date & Time:
Thursday, July 27, 2017 - 9:00 a.m.-4:00 p.m.
***MUST BRING Resume & I.D. to Recruitment***
Travel Instructions to Recruitment(Subway): A, C, or G to Hoyt/Schermerhorn St.; 2 or 3 to Hoyt St. or Nevins St.; 4 or 5 to Nevins St.; B, Q, or R to DeKalb Ave.
Equal Opportunity Employer / Program. Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities.