Macy's Associate Product Manager - Epic Threads Boys & Ideology Kids in New York, New York
Assist in the development of the line and the private brand/label style plans within the context of the sales/margin plans and business strategy. Reports to Product Manager.
Sales / Margin:
- Monitor and report merchandise performance by program and style in order to develop more profitable assortments.
- Assist in monitoring Style Adoption Rate vs. Plan
- Responsible for communicating, conducting, and selling to divisions.
- Assist in preparation of presentation materials for line previews and buy meetings to help ensure customer buys appropriate assortment.
- Communicate product strategies to the Divisional Buyers.
- Preside over mock assortment meetings assorting collection prior to buy meetings.
- Lead buy recap meeting; recap program and style placements and communicate to MPD/BD/PD any callouts assuring minimums are met.
- Compile and share information within organization on trends, pricing, positioning, materials and assortments.
Monitor merchandise performance through the management of key item system.
Responsible for tracking and monitoring line development activities by developing and following a seasonal time and action calendar for area of responsibility.
- Participates in editing and merchandising product line to fit into the program and style plans.
- Communicate all target costs and negotiate pricing with overseas offices and domestic vendors (for area of ownership).
Responsible for presenting at best seller meetings and making recommendations.
Assist in communicating to the divisions and design the private brand/label merchandise and business strategy based on previous sales and unit projections.
- Assist in development of line plans down to classification and style level.
- Assist in developing line list based on style plan and input from selling, customers, and market.
- Participate in Call-out meetings - make financial specific recommendations for add/deletes to create better assortments for greater sell-thrus.
Create monthly selling recaps to determine voids/opportunities for future deliveries.
Systems and Technology:
Assist / manage master contract maintenance and creation.
Manage and develop Product Assistants, Trainees and Interns as determined through department hierarchy
Regular, dependable attendance and punctuality
Bachelor’s Degree in related field
- Minimum 2-3 years of experience in Retail (Store, Buying Office, Merchandise, etc.)
- Proficiency in PC operation, MS office and Excel
Proficiency in Photoshop and Illustrator software
Excellent written and oral communication skills
Ability to view and differentiate the color spectrum
Ability to multi-task; to be highly organized; detail oriented; and be a strategic thinker.
Some travel may be required within and outside of the US.
Macy's is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.
Primary Location: United States-New York-New York- NY
Job: Product Management
Req ID: PRI01811