Madison Square Garden Arena Concourse Supervisor (P/T) in New York, New York
Arena Concourse Supervisor (Part-Time) - Madison Square Garden
Accountable for providing an exceptional guest experience throughout the Concession levels of the MSG Arena by leading and directing front line colleagues. The role will focus on partnering within Venues, and across functions, to get work done through others in a fast paced, and dynamic environment. Success in this role is demonstrated by an exceptional guest experience, a commitment to continuous learning and development, and achievement of business results. This is a part -time position guaranteed 2 events per week. The MSG Arena Concourse Supervisor will report into the MSG Arena Concourse Manager.
- Accountable for daily supervision and leadership of front line colleagues in: Food & Beverage locations such as bars, concession stands and kiosks, Merchandise stores, Custodial responsibilities and Guest Service areas and Elevator Operator employees.
- Demonstrate a positive attitude and operate with high energy throughout the entire shift
- Function as a role model to front line colleagues by demonstrating a positive attitude, and achievement of company objectives and goals
- Assess, evaluate and coach front line colleagues
- Provide consistent, fair and timely feedback to colleagues through various methods (i.e., coaching, mentoring, one on one)
- Manage the content & delivery of pre-shift meetings
- Ensure that front line colleagues are engaged, upbeat, and delivers an exceptional guest experiences
- Highly responsive to emergencies in a fast paced, time sensitive environment.
- Monitor DOH regs & city codes
- Take ownership of supervisory locations & maintain a clean, safe & aesthetically pleasing working environ.
- Address customer concerns, feedback & suggestions in a timely & efficient matter while offering recovery solutions when necessary.
- Food & Beverage concession employees (Cashiers, preps, vendors), Custodial employees, Merchandise Sales & Guest Services Employees (Elevator Operators, Ushers)
- The ideal candidate will have a min. of 3-5 yrs' Supervisory exp., &/or knowledge of events, sports, theatre operations within an entertainment venue
- Prior working knowledge of Food & Beverage outlets, Bar, Custodial/Housekeeping duties & Merchandise Sales management is desirable.
- Exp. supervising union staff preferred
- Excellent communication skills, ability to mobilize key stakeholders, & engage with all levels in the organization
- Demonstrated experience completing reports & documenting staff performance is essential
- Ability to engage & develop collaborative relationships & influence within team & across functions, even without direct reporting relationship
- Adept at maintaining a positive, open, approachable, & professional relationship with a diverse group
- Comfortable with managing conflict & responding to customer problems with a sense of urgency
- Ability to demonstrate success in managing multiple tasks under tight deadlines
- Exp. motivating & encouraging exceptional performance
- Ability to hold team accountable for outcomes & monitor performance
- Demonstrated exp. coaching, mentoring & developing staff to perform at high levels
- Ability to navigate internal organization/process
- Proactive self-starter & able to work collaboratively
- Must be willing to travel to other locations as needed
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including nights, have split days off, work weekends & holidays
General physical requirements such as lifting 25 lbs, standing & walking for long periods, bending and constant motion (re-stocking) is often required.
Candidates who have completed a minimum of 60 credit hours of college-level coursework (representing 2 years), or have shown similar self-development through certificat ons, trade school coursework, etc. are preferred.