State Street AIS NAV Manager, Officer in New York, New York
Across the globe, institutional investors rely on us to help them manage risk, respond to challenges, and drive performance and profitability. We keep our clients at the heart of everything we do, and smart, engaged employees are essential to our continued success.
Our promise to maintain an environment where every employee feels valued and able to meet their full potential infuses our company values. It’s also part of our commitment to inclusion, development and engagement, and corporate social responsibility. You’ll have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you. Join us.
State Street is an Affirmative Action/ Equal Opportunity Employer/Vet/Disability.
Reporting to an AVP, the Officer is responsible for ensuring team compliance with operating policies, procedures and guidelines in the timely completion of accurate Net Asset Valuations (NAV). They are also responsible for team development, staff management and enhancing client satisfaction.
- Take responsibility for the quality of service to assigned clients
- Perform and/or monitor quality and internal controls for all team deliverables
- Plan and manage the daily processes and the effective utilization of resources with the support of the AVP
- Identify issues and problems in service delivery and carry out necessary corrective action, keeping team and AVP informed of issue. Record the issue in an issues log and track progress
- Ensure that Key Performance Indicators are produced and dispatched as required
- Review corporate documentation on processes, procedures and controls and evaluate the continuing effectiveness of these and related systems, initiating remedial action as necessary. Ensure documentation exists for any client-specific procedures
- Monitor errors, complaints and potential breaches. Record as appropriate in the Errors log
- Ensure adherence to IFS internal policies and procedures
- Manage absences, time keeping and holiday/cover arrangements within the teams
- Ensure contingency plans exist for the work of the team and where necessary contribute to the business continuity plans and tests
- Participate in the development, testing and implementation of new systems and products
- Assist with planning and management of all relevant project work
- Lead and motivate staff, particularly direct reports
- Set and maintain standards of personal and professional performance/behavior; ensuring staff accountability and adherence to company policies and procedures
- Co-ordinate and implement training and development activities for individuals and the team
- Provide coaching, guidance and support to staff on technical, professional and client issues
- Agree goals, monitor and appraise the performance of team – providing regular formal and informal feedback ensuring the PPR system is updated within corporate deadlines
- Assist with recruitment of new staff
- Act as focal point for contacts and meetings with other departments and external contacts
- Conduct regular and structured team meetings ensuring action points are followed up
- Establish and maintain good working relationships with clients, third parties and colleagues, communicating effectively through formalized reporting and ad hoc liaison.
- Manage the administration billing process
- Manage and complete client initialization and transition
This position offers the successful candidate the opportunity to demonstrate leadership, communication and technical expertise. They are responsible for implementing company policy, overseeing client deliverables and contributing to the development of the team and the organization
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Business, Accounting or related field. An accountancy qualification is preferred.
- 5-8 years of related experience in a hedge fund accounting environment
- Strong numerical, analytical and problem resolution skills
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Highly computer literate
- Excellent communicator with strong interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated managerial and leadership skills
- Ability to build, train and manage effective teams
New York - NY - USA
To apply to this position, follow the "apply now" link. To locate this position in our application page, please use the KEYWORD search functionality and insert either the State Street Job ID or the Location.
Job Title: AIS NAV Manager, Officer
Job ID: 163154
Full/Part Time: Full FTE
Location: US-NY-New York