Comcast Account Executive in New York, New York
FreeWheel, a Comcast company, has superior end-to-end technology, premium marketplace, and best in market advisory services that power the advertising businesses of the largest media and entertainment companies in the world, including AOL, DIRECTV, Fox, NBC Universal, Turner Broadcasting System and Viacom in U.S., and Sky and Channel 4 in Europe. From our unique position at the center of the premium video economy, we enable our clients to unify audiences across desktop, mobile, OTT, and traditional STB devices, and profitably monetize their content. Headquartered in New York, with offices in San Francisco, London, and Beijing, FreeWheel stands to advocate for the entire industry through the FreeWheel Council for Premium Video.
Since 2000, under the company Visible World, we have been developing technology that makes TV advertising more efficient and effectivewe've been awarded 24 U.S. patents to date for technology we developed ourselves, and more are on the way. But we're not just doing R&D. Today, Visible World empowers more than 300 advertisers to deliver more targeted, effective and accountable local TV ad campaigns to consumers in approximately 80% of U.S. cable homes in 210 DMAs and our household addressable footprint includes 3 million homes. Smart TV DNATM is used by over a dozen leading networks to track their program promotion campaigns. In June 2015, Visible World became a subsidiary of Comcast, joining one of the most innovative media and technology companies in the country. Come help us craft the future of TV.
We are looking for a talented driven individual to fill an Account Executive role for our New York office. This person will to help educate and sell the leading National Advanced Linear TV Platform to both national brand advertisers and direct response advertisers, primarily by leveraging your existing agency relationships with top agencies and agency holding companies. Position requires someone who will aggressively educate and sell with confidence, passion and integrity. Our ideal candidate will be someone who will drive new business solutions and will understand client's needs, moving their businesses, and ours, forward. You will be responsible for revenue goals, which include growing existing business with a major emphasis on developing new business.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- At least 4 years of successful Account Executive experience selling television inventory to national advertisers in the branding and direct response marketplace.
- Strong understanding and facility with TV and advanced advertising terminology.
- Strong knowledge of media math and terminology, including CPM's, ratings, reach and frequency.
- Skilled in both transactional account management as well as organic new business development
- Strong demonstrable connections to key decision-makers at the key agency and client level.
- Strong knowledge of how to apply data to programming and identify audiences, using data sources like comScore/Rentrak, Neilsen Marketbreaks, NBI, NCS and Simmons.
- The capacity to convey the platform's features and benefits to the senior most decision makers within advertising agencies and marketing organizations.
- A polished, intelligent, self-motivated, creative and pro-active professional with strong communication and presentation skills.
- A person who enjoys thinking creatively to meet a client's needs while enhancing the Company's position.
- Able to function effectively and professionally with autonomy and as a team member while working in a fast paced, innovative environment.
- Bachelors Degree or Equivalent
- Generally requires 3-5 years related experience
- Able to travel for business and attend industry trade shows as needed
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer