Barclays Treasury Specialist in New York City, New York
Barclays is a transatlantic consumer, corporate and investment bank offering products and services across personal, corporate and investment banking, credit cards and wealth management, with a strong presence in our two home markets of the UK and the US. With over 325 years of history and expertise in banking, Barclays operates in over 40 countries and employs approximately 130,000 people.
About Barclays in the US
Barclays offers corporate and investment banking and credit card services in the US. Our 10,000 US colleagues are located in offices across the country, with headquarters in New York City. In 2017, Barclays announced plans to create a world-class campus in Whippany, New Jersey, for our Technology, Operations and Functional teams in the US. Other principal locations include Delaware, Nevada, Ohio and Maine.
Barclays moves, lends, invests and protects money for customers and clients worldwide. Please visit our website here for more information.About Treasury
Treasury is responsible for managing the key resources of capital, balance sheet, funding and liquidity providing the bank, its businesses and other stakeholders, such as regulatory authorities, with key information, policies, standards, metrics and methodologies.
We work with Barclays’ business partners, customers, regulators and other stakeholders to ensure the bank’s financial resources are managed safely and commercially on behalf of our shareholders.
About Funding & Liquidity Management (US)
Funding and Liquidity Management is responsible for the management of Barclays’ liquidity risk and the development of a best-in-class funding strategy that optimizes funding resources while facilitating business growth. The focus of the department includes:
· Funding Planning and Sources and Uses
· Cash Flows Projections
· Liquidity Metrics Optimization
· Financial Resource Management
· Governance of Liquidity Management
· Intracompany liquidity management
· Prime and Collateral Management
· Contingency Funding and Resolution, Recovery Planning
Overall purpose of role:
Join a dedicated Treasury team to develop and implement the Group’s strategic response to global structural reform initiatives through funding analysis, balance sheet modeling, and build out of functional capabilities.
Key Accountabilities and Skills required:
o Key specific accountabilities. //
· Assist with global structural reform initiatives, including Dodd Frank Section 165, in the development of firm strategy in response to these initiatives
· Liaise effectively with business partners to support the whole of Treasury through holistic balance sheet analysis and funding modeling
· Strong understanding of the Net Stable Funding Ratio and the processes required to support the relevant reporting
· Develop peer analyses of balance sheet and liquidity metrics
· Develop and implement Funding Plans including regular updates on the current outlook
· Work cross functionally to help develop functional capabilities for ongoing liquidity management reporting for the new Intermediate Holding Company
· Assist in preparation of presentations for senior management and responses to regulatory queries and annual reviews
· Maintain an understanding of current regulatory environment and assist the team in adapting to new requirements/developing future state business processes, including correspondence with compliance, for distribution of reports to regulators
o Stakeholder management and leadership.
· Be the primary liaison between the FLM team and the RRP team: Contribute to all annual and ad-hoc RRP related initiatives that pertain to liquidity management, particularly stress testing and frictions. Perform research and analytics to support enhancements to the firm’s RRP
· Liaise with IT and business partners on regularly to identify and escalate issues that arise during the various stages of the change process (i.e. from analysis and design through to adoption)
o Decision making and problem solving.
· Responsible for the IHC’s Resolution and Recovery Plan by possessing a deep understanding the RRP’s content and objectives, regulatory requirements, execution of annual reviews and enhancements to the RRP
· Contribute to the development and implementation of governance standards, policies, and frameworks
· Perform spreadsheet modeling utilizing Excel, Access, and Bloomberg to design management information reports and develop solutions to complex business problems across a range of applications
· Maintain and update governance documents, limit change documentation, limit breaches and EWI trending, and business signoffs, as necessary
· Coach more junior colleagues within the team
· Perform other ad-hoc projects
Risk and Control: All Barclays colleagues have to ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Barclays Policies and Policy Standards.
Your Skills and Qualifications will include
o Basic Qualifications//
· 4 year Bachelors Degree (BA/BS)
· 3 years of strong Treasury/Financial Analysis experience (e.g. funding, liquidity risk management, balance sheet analysis
o Preferred Qualifications
· Understanding of principals of liquidity risk management
· Appreciation of legal entity regulatory issues, including intra-group transactions
· Experience in designing, testing and implementing processes / reports
· Excellent verbal and written communication. Ability to write effective, high-quality emails and documents
· Knowledge of Investment Banking and Financial Services products with focused understanding of broader Finance function
· Results oriented; ability to commit to and follow initiatives through to completion
· Able to multi-task in a fast paced, dynamic, high-pressured environment - managing changing priorities and tight deadlines
· Ability to pro-actively solve problems and escalate issues through the proper governance tools and channels
· Strong PC skills (Microsoft Suite including Excel, Word, Project)
· A strong, polished presence and ability to challenge opinions with confidence and professionalism
· Working knowledge of Visual Basic and/or SQL a plus
· Solid work ethic, high levels of motivation and self-starter qualities
· Proven analytical skills and ability to work with large amounts of information
· Knowledge and experience of the regulatory landscape and the changes impacting Foreign Banking Organizations in the USA
· Regulatory knowledge in one or more of: Basel I, II & III, Dodd Frank, CCAR or general US Regulatory Policy
· Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively
Risk and Control Objective
All Barclays colleagues have to ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Barclays Policies and Policy Standards
Our customers deserve the best. The same goes for our employees. That's why at Barclays you'll receive a range of benefits that include a competitive salary and all the tools, technology and support you need to succeed.
Everything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. The values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our employees. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
Dynamic working gives everyone at Barclays the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives, if you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager.
Barclays is an equal opportunity employer and are opposed to discrimination on any grounds. For more detailed information, please visit our dedicated Diversity and Inclusion site here .
It is the policy of Barclays to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.
Title: Treasury Specialist
Location: New York-New York City
Requisition ID: *90145591