Barclays Trade and Transaction Reporting - CFTC in New York City, New York
Job Title TTRO Americas Regulatory Reporting Analyst
Location 745 Seventh Avenue, New York, NY
Barclays is a transatlantic consumer, corporate and investment bank offering products and services across personal, corporate and investment banking, credit cards and wealth management, with a strong presence in our two home markets of the UK and the US. Our goal is to become the bank of choice by providing superior services to customers and clients and supporting our stakeholders via a commercially successful business that generates long-term sustainable returns.
About Barclays in the US
Barclays offers corporate and investment banking and credit card services in the US. Our 10,000 US colleagues are located in offices across the country, with headquarters in New York City. In 2017, Barclays announced plans to create a world-class campus in Whippany, New Jersey, for our Technology, Operations and Functional teams in the US. Other principal locations include Delaware, Nevada, Ohio and Maine.
About Global Market Operations
Global Markets Operations is the engine responsible for ensuring the execution and servicing of all products and services. Our core objective is to deliver service excellence by executing our processes in the safest and most efficient way, leveraging automation and 'Lean' approaches to achieve this. Some of the core processes that we deliver include Post Trade Services, Collateral & Liquidity operations.
The environment in which we operate is continually changing. Global Markets Operations plays a key role in driving market initiatives and regulatory changes and, by ensuring we are ahead of competitors on these initiatives, continually helps to drive down costs and increase revenue.
Around 3,000 colleagues work in Global Markets Operations globally, and our ambition is to make our organisation a truly excellent place to work, with the best possible opportunities for colleagues to succeed and develop their careers.
Overall Purpose of role
· Trade and Transaction Reporting Operations (TTRO) manage the control functions and perform oversight for Barclays Regulatory Reporting submissions for Global Derivative Reporting such as EMIR, CFTC and Canadian Provinces. We provide independent assurance and governance on a regular basis over the regulatory operational processes, including ensuring production of the relevant metrics, governance reports and regulator updates.
· TTRO partner closely with Compliance to gain an understanding of the regulatory rule interpretation, with the operations functions to ensure accurate, complete and timely operational implementation and with other departments where required such as Legal, Trade Capture, Middle Office and Change teams.
· The role will be within a small team with regulatory and control oversight of numerous CFTC, Canadian and ESMA reports for derivative asset classes (Equities, Credit, Commodities, Rates and FX). Primary focus for this role incorporates monitoring daily submissions to the GTR, MI and control reporting and contributing towards new regulatory requirements and jurisdictions. The role will also include data quality, submission and acknowledgement of reports along with analyzing and presenting data back to the Business and Accountable Executives to address how we can reduce our risk and any bad behavior or timeliness issues. Role also requires regular testing of platforms due to changes in regulations or upstream processes, working with Business Compliance
Your Role (Key Accountabilities)
· Deliver the highest standard of service to internal and external clients against agreed SLAs.
· Ability to identify, escalate and report risks and issues.
· Strong understanding of regulatory reporting obligations and a working knowledge of DTCC reporting rules and validations
· Ensuring you and your team uphold personal conduct in line with the Barclays Way and call out behaviours, actions or decisions that fall short of these standards or are inconsistent with our Values.
· Identifying rationalisation opportunities to ensure an efficient delivery of service by your team
· Monitoring of daily activity to GTR
· Dealing with Cross Asset reporting queries for CFTC and Canada
· Help test new regulatory requests and changes, particularly relevant for CFTC obligations.
· Input into design and build of ongoing quality assurance to confirm completeness, accuracy and timeliness of reporting
· Monitor and track open issues through to resolution
· Implement appropriate controls needed to ensure that data meets regulatory requirements.
· Controls automation.
· Creation of MI
· Strong risk background / culture and is able to identify problems and resolve, before the risk occurs.
· Ability to implement Risk Self Assessment and ensure compliance with all Regulations
· Detail-orientated in order to avoid, eliminate and mitigate risk.
· Demonstrate thorough understanding of the operational front to back procedures that support your specific function and products.
· Ability to implement excellent risk metrics to ensure the RTB process is tracked and monitored successfully.
· 4 year Bachelors Degree or equivalent
· 3 years of banking experience
· 2 years experience in Controls (Audit, Governance, Risk Management)
Risk and Control Objective
All Barclays colleagues have to ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Barclays Policies and Policy Standards.
To be considered for this role, click on the apply button now.
Barclays Values & Diversity
Dynamic working gives everyone at Barclays the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives, if you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager. We are an equal opportunity employer and we are opposed to discrimination on any grounds. It is the policy of Barclays to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, colour, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.
Title: Trade and Transaction Reporting - CFTC
Location: New York-New York City
Requisition ID: *90153107