Barclays HR Business Partner, Markets in New York City, New York
Job Title * HR Business Partner, Markets
Location * New York, NY * *
- About Us// *
Barclays is a transatlantic consumer, corporate and investment bank offering products and services across personal, corporate and investment banking, credit cards and wealth management, with a strong presence in our two home markets of the UK and the US. Our goal is to become the bank of choice by providing superior services to customers and clients and supporting our stakeholders via a commercially successful business that generates long-term sustainable returns.
About Barclays in the US
Barclays offers corporate and investment banking and credit card services in the US. Our 10,000 US colleagues are located in offices across the country, with headquarters in New York City. In 2017, Barclays announced plans to create a world-class campus in Whippany, New Jersey, for our Technology, Operations and Functional teams in the US. Other principal locations include Delaware, Nevada, Ohio and Maine.
About Human Resources
The Global Barclays International Resourcing function is responsible for delivering outstanding talent acquisition at all levels across BI.
Overall Purpose of role
· Support the Global FiRM, Research & Markets HRBP team to ensure that HR strategies for the organization are delivered and objectives are met
· Provide front-line HR Business Partner support for assigned coverage groups within the Global FiRM, Research and Markets divisions including being the primary point of contact for MD level business heads
· Work closely with clients in an advisory capacity to deliver across all aspects of the HR lifecycle, including performance management, year-end compensation process, talent development, employee engagement planning, supporting Employee Relations issues, among other processes
· Provide support to the HR Program Manager to assist with driving the people strategy and core HR processes and projects, supported with data, analytics and tools, for the Global FiRM, Research and Markets HRBP team
- Your Role (Key Accountabilities) *
· Build credibility with the client base and to be seen as a true business partner by becoming well versed in the business and developing a comprehensive understanding of HR strategies, policies and procedures
· Challenge clients to develop a human capital strategy to support the businesses strategy
· Lead the roll out of key HR processes within the specific client areas in conjunction with specialist HR support (eg. Compensation and Benefits, Leadership Development, Performance Management, Campus Recruitment, Lateral Recruitment, etc.) to ensure the initiatives are successfully planned, communicated, managed and delivered with seamless execution in accordance with the business strategy
· Partner with Employee Relations and Employment Legal to ensure issues are dealt with efficiently and effectively with due regard to risk and legislation
· Business analysis for, and project management of, ad hoc projects, data requests and presentations as required and defined by HR Program Manager
Basic Qualifications/Skills ** *
· 4 year Bachelors Degree
· 3 years in HR with specific experience working in a global investment bank or a large financial services organization
- Preferred Qualifications/Skills *
· Prior experience working as an HR Business Partner in a client facing capacity
· Prior experience working with an investment bank or large financial services organization
· Strong analytical and quantitative skills, with the ability to incorporate metrics and analysis into HR delivery
· Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint.
· Ability to manage high volumes of work, execute flawlessly with attention to detail, and develop a deep understanding of HR processes
· The successful candidate will be a strong team player, commercial, and client-centric
· Strong personal credibility with the ability to build trusted relationships with senior managers and team members in order to influence direction/outcomes
· Outstanding verbal and communication skills, with poise and confidence to interact with all levels of management
It is the policy of Barclays to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.
Dynamic working gives everyone at Barclays the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives, if you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager
- Risk and Control Objective *
All Barclays colleagues have to ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Barclays Policies and Policy Standards.
- Your Application *
To be considered for this role, click on the apply button now.
Barclays Values & Diversity *
Dynamic working gives everyone at Barclays the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives, if you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager. We are an equal opportunity employer and we are opposed to discrimination on any grounds. It is the policy of Barclays to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, colour, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.
Title: HR Business Partner, Markets
Location: New York-New York City
Requisition ID: *90155045