Barclays Event Coordinator in New York City, New York
Barclays is a transatlantic consumer, corporate and investment bank offering products and services across personal, corporate and investment banking, credit cards and wealth management, with a strong presence in our two home markets of the UK and the US. With over 325 years of history and expertise in banking, Barclays operates in over 40 countries and employs approximately 130,000 people.
About Barclays in the US Barclays offers corporate and investment banking and credit card services in the US. Our 10,000 US colleagues are located in offices across the country, with headquarters in New York City. In 2017, Barclays announced plans to create a world-class campus in Whippany, New Jersey, for our Technology, Operations and Functional teams in the US. Other principal locations include Delaware, Nevada, Ohio and Maine.
Barclays moves, lends, invests and protects money for customers and clients worldwide. Please visit our website here for more information.
Events, Roadshows and Hospitality supports business strategy by delivering quality brand, customer, client and colleague experience through offering innovative and creative solutions in the execution of our four areas of expertise. Events, Roadshows and Hospitality operates as a global centralised function with business dedicated regional team who can leverage global supplier relationships and Barclays purchasing power to achieve the best value for our business.. Please visit our website here for more information.
· Provide coordination support for Investment Bank Events team
· Plan end-end event activity including the following:
o Prepare and manage event budgets and end to end finance process
o Manage event timelines and project plans
o Delegate management including invitation production and guest list management reporting
o Speaker and host management including speaker suggestions, collation of presentations, speaker briefings and accommodation requirements if applicable
o Build and maintain strong and effective relationships with our preferred suppliers
o Support colleagues with event planning and on-site event assistance where needed
· Liaise and regularly communicate with internal hosts to proactively recommend event activity, review their detailed event requirements and maintain communication throughout the planning and execution process.
· Ensure accuracy and strong attention to detail
· Exhibit strong admin & organizational skills/ability to adhere to policies
· Take ownership , multi-task and meet deadlines
· Act as an Ambassador for events inside and outside the bank
· Problem solve
· Demonstrates awareness of the industry and its regulations
· Stakeholder management and leadership
o Demonstrate an awareness of the industry and its regulations
o Interpret and comply with all applicable governance, compliance, risk policies and procedures
o Demonstrate an awareness of reputation risk management and escalate where appropriate
· Decision making and problem solving.
o Think and operate with a global perspective and vision; anticipate business direction and use this to partner with the business areas to deliver appropriate event solutions
· Bachelor’s Degree
· 1 years experience in the financial industry
· 1 years experience working with clients/stakeholders
· Industry knowledge and prior experience in events
· Proven skills and experience in negotiations
· Regional Languages an advantage
· Aptitude and ability to navigate using different technology systems (GMMS, iPlanner, etc)
· Strong team player
· Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) ability to guide others
· Confident, Proactive, Responsive and Enthusiastic
· Effective time management – Manage your own time and work volumes
· Demonstrates confident, proactive, responsive and enthusiastic behaviour
Risk and Control Objective
All Barclays colleagues have to ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Barclays Policies and Policy Standards
Our customers deserve the best. The same goes for our employees. That's why at Barclays you'll receive a range of benefits that include a competitive salary and all the tools, technology and support you need to succeed.
Everything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. The values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our employees. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
Dynamic working gives everyone at Barclays the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives, if you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager.
Barclays is an equal opportunity employer and are opposed to discrimination on any grounds. For more detailed information, please visit our dedicated Diversity and Inclusion site here .
It is the policy of Barclays to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.
Title: Event Coordinator
Location: New York-New York City
Requisition ID: *00246514