Barclays DMS Technical Lead in New York City, New York
Barclays is a transatlantic consumer, corporate and investment bank offering products and services across personal, corporate and investment banking, credit cards and wealth management, with a strong presence in our two home markets of the UK and the US.
With over 325 years of history and expertise in banking, Barclays operates in over 40 countries and employs approximately 130,000 people. Barclays moves, lends, invests and protects money for customers and clients worldwide. Please visit our website here for more information.
Document Management Services
· Offer solutions direct to end users as well as underlying business systems
· Shared technology platforms to support the digitization, storage and management of documents.
· Document Management Senior Development Lead is a critical role in support of the Bank’s cross-business Document Management platform
· The role holder is the technical lead of the enterprise document search service and will be required to design and develop within the strategic proprietary document management platform
The role is the technical lead for the DMS enterprise search service which requires Search, SOA, and micro services experience. The complex service will require a highly skilled individual capable of delivering using the search engine Apache SOLR, and evolving a complex multi-sharded, multi-replicas, distributed, parallel processing, highly-available platform. The role holder is required to oversee offshore developers in continuing to evolve the search platform.
Additionally, the role is required to technically lead the re-engineering of Barclays BI’s Enterprise Content Management platform by using open standards and designing in a proven, performing, and highly scalable way, therefore allowing Barclays to limit dependency on proprietary, vendor-specific legacy platforms. The role will design and develop components of a new proprietary DMS platform designed to allow business lines to store and retrieve document metadata, contents at a significantly faster speed.
Risk and Control Objective
All Barclays colleagues have to ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Barclays Policies and Policy Standards
· 7 years experience in leading and delivering enterprise document management applications
· 6 years JEE development, servlet, jsp, java mail, jms, threads, xml, restful, SOAP, jdk 7,8, tomcat/jboss/jetty/tomee
· 6 years of Web development, use of IDE such as Eclipse, NetBeans, IntelliJ, work with Maven
· 3 years experiences with Spring development IoC, RESTful, batch, integration
· A senior Java developer with strong analytical and technical ability
· Linux skills
· Experiences with some automatic build tools, continuous integration tools
· Knowledge of Test Driven Development (TDD), experiences with TDD toolset/framework
· Require experiences in all of these - Enterprise Content Management systems (ECM), Enterprise Search technologies, and XML databases
· Worked in a financial services domain
· Demonstrable skills in clear communication, team management, time management
Our customers deserve the best. The same goes for our employees. That's why at Barclays you'll receive a range of benefits that include a competitive salary and all the tools, technology and support you need to succeed.
Everything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. The values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our employees. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
Dynamic working gives everyone at Barclays the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives, if you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager.
Barclays is an equal opportunity employer and are opposed to discrimination on any grounds. For more detailed information, please visit our dedicated Diversity and Inclusion site here .
It is the policy of Barclays to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.*
Title: DMS Technical Lead
Location: New York-New York City
Requisition ID: *90139252