Ellucian Technical Support Specialist in Manhattan, New York
Auto req ID 2512BR
Posting Title Technical Support Specialist
Functional Area Customer Success
Job Posting Location(s) US-NJ-Hoboken
Ellucian is the world’s leading provider of software, services and insight to higher education. Ellucian helps the higher education community—students, faculty, and staff—achieve their goals more efficiently, effectively, and with reduced risk. Ellucian’s comprehensive suite of software solutions includes student information systems (SIS), finance and HR systems, recruiting and retention systems, among other offerings. With more than 1,500 institutions subscribing to Ellucian’s cloud services and SaaS offerings, the company is one of the largest providers of cloud-based solutions. Ellucian also supports the higher education community with a range of professional services, such as application software implementation, training, education, and management consulting. More than 2,400 institutions in 40 countries rely on Ellucian to help enable the mission of higher education.
• Recommending or performing complex actions to correct problems using remote diagnostic, remediation technology and tools orat user locations to install, modify or make repairs to computer hardware and/or software.
• support major computer system and laptop deployment projects.
• Controls coordination with affected end user departments while supervising other technical support staff and/or student workers.
• Tests and evaluates proposed hardware and software to determine efficiency, reliability, and compatibility with existing computer system, peripherals and the network.
• May provide assistance with entry level network tasks such as network server backup rotation, network account maintenance, and activation of data jacks.
• Responsible for handling higher level projects including:coordination of in-person registration setup and breakdown, project planning and coordinating with other individuals for project completion and/or progress reporting.
• Provides coordination support for large computer deliveries,installation, and data migration.
• Provides recommendations, updates, status, and completion information to manager and/or CIO, problem request tracking system, and/or users, via voice mail, e-mail, or in-person communication.
• Microsoft Systems Center Configuration Manager Experience for Imaging and Application deployment.
• Provide support for Printers, Scanners, and copiers such as clearing jams, replacing fusers and rollers and toners.
• Provide support for hand held devices such as iPad's and MS Surfaces.
• Provide hardware and software support for Apple devices such as iMac's, Mac Pro, and MacBook's.
• Recommends and/or performs complex actions to correct problems with classroom technology such as projectors, speakers, wiring, vga splitters, DVD/VHS players, and microphones.
• Setup and breakdown technology used for events and ceremonies
Candidates must have at least three years’ experience and or education or trade school training in this field. The applicant needs to be willing to work rotational schedules including some nights, Saturdays and/or Sunday's as well as a rotational on call after hours support shift and have reliable transportation to get to and from NYC and Westchester county campus locations.
The candidate should possess the following:
• Associate’s degree or equivalent from two-year college or technical school;or two to four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• 1-2 years hardware/software troubleshooting experience in a Windows/Mac environment.
• Proficiency with Apple/Mac OS computing environment required. Desired Skills:
• A pleasant and collegial personality consistent with the mission of a service-oriented unit
• Experience working in higher education preferred.
• Relevant industry certifications (A+, Network+, etc.)
• Experience using/configuring configuration management tools (SCCM, KACE,Altiris, etc.)
• Experience supporting Windows (all versions) and Mac OS X(10.6-10.9)
• Experience supporting VMWare View 5.x virtual desktop tools
• Experience supporting VMWare Vcenter virtual machines and console
• Microsoft Systems Center (SCCM)
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment at Ellucian without regard to race; creed; color; religion; national origin; sex; age; disability; sexual orientation; gender identity or expression; genetic predisposition or carrier status; veteran, marital, or citizenship status; or any other status protected by law.