Citi VP, Strategy Manager in Long Island City, New York
Primary Location: United States,New York,Long Island City
Education: Bachelor's Degree
Job Function: Marketing
Shift: Day Job
Employee Status: Regular
Travel Time: No
Job ID: 17065823
VP, Strategy Management
For the past 200 years at Citi, we have a drive to help clients move from ambition to achievement. Our company has been one of the foundational components of today’s modern financial infrastructure—this gives us a level of unmatched expertise in tackling the world’s most complex challenges and connecting across capabilities to enable lasting progress for our clients.
We attract and nurture local talent from all over the world, ensuring our people are both deeply attuned to regional needs but also bring a global mindset to help clients, communities and nations move forward. Our culture is fueled by men and women with the passion to push beyond borders and boundaries, and the wisdom and courage to do what’s right.
The Customer & Digital Experience (CDE) Team is the foremost customer advocate within the Global Consumer Bank at Citi. We harness the full power of our people, data, and resources to maximize prospect & customer engagement in support of our strategic priorities. Our global team is responsible for driving all aspects of customer experience, targeting and engagement across the franchise. We take a disciplined, data-driven approach to enhancing the customer experience across the full lifecycle, with digital and mobile as priority channels for acquisition, servicing and engagement. We are focused on delivering sustained, long-term business benefit to the Global Consumer Bank by accelerating our progress towards being an industry-leading digital bank.
The position will specifically support the Strategy Management function, which is within the Business Management, Strategy and Culture Team in CDE. S/he will work closely with the Head of Strategy Management and in partnership with teams within CDE, across LOBs, FinTech and other teams to further develop and drive CDE’s strategy as well as run CDE’s critical business routines:
• Identify opportunities and issues of strategic importance to Citi Global Consumer Bank
• Develop transformational strategies to grow and re-position the business
• Drive change by partnering with business leadership with clear accountability
• Provide clarity in complex problems and facilitate decision-making, particularly around business model innovation
• Support performance measurement and management, including via external benchmarking -- deliver world-class market and competitive intelligence
• Guide investment prioritization / business mix assessment
The small size and high caliber of the team drives a focus on high impact initiatives. This position affords the opportunity to be at the forefront of a customer experience and digital transformation within the Global Consumer Banking business, gain exposure to senior management, to develop deep relationships across the firm, and to build a strong career platform within Citi. The position is located in New York and requires minimal travel.
• Lead and drive projects: identifying and structuring the problem, developing and/or leveraging strategy frameworks, analyzing root causes, developing recommendations and/or solutions, communicating project results, and getting buy-in for change
• Lead efforts on Competitive Intelligence including compiling reports, associated analysis and management reporting documents ready for publication and review by senior business leaders
• Manage and maintain Knowledge Management capability, for example: library of CDE facts, strategy document, and best practice / synergy opportunities within CDE and across LOBs and regions.
• Lead data gathering and analysis for solving complex problems and facilitate decision making
• Prepare materials for status update reviews and create executive program level summaries, including executive level presentations, for both business routines and ad hoc situations
• Coordinate and run key business routines, such as Executive Business Reviews, strategy offsites (includes documentation, tracking and reporting of all actions and decisions from CDE leadership routines, holding action owners accountable for their follow ups) and business partner communications (business/regional accomplishments)
For this position, we are looking for outstanding talent with strong intellectual and analytical capabilities, a well-developed strategy tool kit, financial services and digital innovation and digital strategy experience, and the ability to work in a matrix organization and influence change.
Citi, the leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management. Our core activities are safeguarding assets, lending money, making payments and accessing the capital markets on behalf of our clients.
Citi’s Mission and Value Proposition at http://www.citigroup.com/citi/about/mission-and-value-proposition.html explains what we do and Citi Leadership Standards at http://www.citigroup.com/citi/about/leadership-standards.html explain how we do it. Our mission is to serve as a trusted partner to our clients by responsibly providing financial services that enable growth and economic progress. We strive to earn and maintain our clients’ and the public’s trust by constantly adhering to the highest ethical standards and making a positive impact on the communities we serve. Our Leadership Standards is a common set of skills and expected behaviors that illustrate how our employees should work every day to be successful and strengthens our ability to execute against our strategic priorities.
Diversity is a key business imperative and a source of strength at Citi. We serve clients from every walk of life, every background and every origin. Our goal is to have our workforce reflect this same diversity at all levels. Citi has made it a priority to foster a culture where the best people want to work, where individuals are promoted based on merit, where we value and demand respect for others and where opportunities to develop are widely available to all.
• Strong track record of academic and professional excellence and achievement
• Bachelor's degree required, MBA or advanced degree from top tier institution strongly preferred
• 5 years of experience; Strategy, Innovation, business development preferred
• 3+ years of strategy experience in Top 5 Management Consulting firm or in the strategy function of a Financial Services firm preferred
• Outstanding analytical and quantitative capabilities required
• Knowledge of operational/financial modeling (forecasting, valuation) and ability to analyze financial statements
• Strong communication skills (written, verbal, active listening) applied to "client" situations
• Collaborative work style -- ability to effectively interact with partners across organizational boundaries and hierarchies
• Highly motivated and self-driven, ability to multi-task productively, and strong result orientation
• Clear/logical approach to problem-solving - breaking issues down to components parts, identifying most important issues
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office required