Citi Model Governance Senior Manager in Long Island City, New York
Primary Location: United States,New York,Long Island City
Education: Bachelor's Degree
Job Function: Risk Management
Shift: Day Job
Employee Status: Regular
Travel Time: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Job ID: 17065743
Citi, the leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management. Our core activities are safeguarding assets, lending money, making payments and accessing the capital markets on behalf of our clients.
Citi’s Mission and Value Proposition at http://www.citigroup.com/citi/about/mission-and-value-proposition.html explains what we do and Citi Leadership Standards at http://www.citigroup.com/citi/about/leadership-standards.html explain how we do it. Our mission is to serve as a trusted partner to our clients by responsibly providing financial services that enable growth and economic progress. We strive to earn and maintain our clients’ and the public’s trust by constantly adhering to the highest ethical standards and making a positive impact on the communities we serve. Our Leadership Standards is a common set of skills and expected behaviors that illustrate how our employees should work every day to be successful and strengthens our ability to execute against our strategic priorities.
Diversity is a key business imperative and a source of strength at Citi. We serve clients from every walk of life, every background and every origin. Our goal is to have our workforce reflect this same diversity at all levels. Citi has made it a priority to foster a culture where the best people want to work, where individuals are promoted based on merit, where we value and demand respect for others and where opportunities to develop are widely available to all.
The role is a member of Model Risk Management Governance. Model Governance is responsible for firm-wide model risk strategy, updating and maintaining policies and procedures, interfacing with regulators and Internal Audit, project management of remediation, training, quality control and assurance.
This position involves interaction with MRM senior management and subject matter experts, and provides a unique perspective on the management of model risk at Citi, spanning all businesses, risk and product areas. In particular, this position is responsible for:
• Review MRM’s existing end-to-end lifecycle processes for each of the model risk silos
• Identify simplification opportunities across process, documentation, and key model risk appetite metrics across each business area
• Create a consistent and more efficient model validation process business areas as additional resources are added
• Improve system infrastructure to enable more efficient use of MRM resources and better client experience
• Enhance model identification process and attestation of model inventory as well as control environment
• A Bachelor’s or higher degree in a discipline such as Finance, Accounting, Engineering, Statistics, or Mathematics preferred and and 7+ years relevant experience
• Experience in working with regulatory authorities and internal / external auditors
• Internal consulting strategy skills necessary to simplify processes and identify improvement opportunities
• Strong understanding of risks and controls across multiple product types and businesses
• Strong communication skills, both verbal and written - ability to express and communicate concisely and clearly
• Ability to manage multiple tasks and work effectively under pressure in a rapidly changing environment
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills
• Ability to identify root causes of problems and anticipate "horizon" issues
• Strong interpersonal skills, ability to work well with team and deal with staff across multiple disciplines
• Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
• Proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)