Crescent Hotels & Resorts, LLC Lobby Houseperson in Long Island City, New York
We are a 183 room Hilton Garden Inn located in Long Island City, NY.
We are managed by Crescent Hotels & Resorts, a Top 10 National Hotel and Resort Management Company which offers a comprehensive program of benefits designed to serve the diverse needs of our unique workforce. As a full time associate you will be eligible for partially employer paid health, dental, and vision insurance, as well as 100% employer paid life insurance at one times your annual salary available on the first of the month after 60 days of employment. You will also be eligible for participation in our 401K program after 6 months of employment, during monthly enrollments, with a match of 50 cents on the dollar up to 6% and a 5 year progressive vesting schedule. You will also accrue vacation and personal time each paycheck at a rate of ten days of vacation and four personal days after one year (These accruals are based on the average hours you work.) After three months of employment you can begin utilizing any accrued sick time and after six months of employment you can begin utilizing any accrued vacation time. Full time associates also receive holiday pay for seven paid holidays a year. Every associate of ours also enjoys discounted hotel rooms within the Hilton brand and with Crescent Hotels & Resorts' properties, as well as a free employee meal program.
We are currently looking for a self-motivated and enthusiastic individual to join our team.
The successful candidate will be welcoming with friendly attitude, be team orientated, be efficient and a good problem solver. Previous experience is preferred. Hours include days, nights, weekends, and holidays.
JOB OVERVIEW: Thoroughly clean sinks, toilets, urinals, mirrors, tiles, counters, walls, stalls, vents and/or floors with cleaning agents by extending arms over head to reach all above areas. Adhere to cleaning procedures and instructions for use of cleaning agents. Assure cleanliness of guest floor corridors, foyers, stairwells, and public vending areas in order to maintain Crescent's high standards of quality.
REPORTS TO: Executive Housekeeper
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
* Stock linen closets with amenities and supplies for room attendants.
* Clean and remove spots from corridor walls and doors. Polish and clean mirrors, room numbers on guest room doors, and elevator doors.
* Thoroughly clean sinks, toilets, urinals, mirrors, tiles, counters, walls, stalls, vents and/or floors with cleaning agents by extending arms over head to reach all above areas. Adhere to cleaning procedures and instructions for use of cleaning agents.
* Thoroughly dust all furniture, pictures, and shelves, extending arms over head, bending and stooping as needed.
* Thoroughly clean and polish all metal surfaces, applying pressure in repeated motion.
* Empty trash.
* Vacuum, sweep, and/or mop hallways, stairwells, vending areas, and foyers.
* When working the pm shift it may be needed to clean rooms when there are early check outs and/or room changes.
* Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a regular basis.
* Perform any other job related duties as assigned.
* Must be flexible and able to work days, nights, weekends and holidays.
* Must have the ability to communicate in English.
* Self-starting personality with an even disposition.
* Maintain a professional appearance and manner at all times.
* Can communicate well with guests.
* Must be willing to "pitch-in" and help co- workers with their job duties and be a team player.
* Ability to lift, bend, stoop, walk, push or pull heavy equipment, and stand for extended periods of time. Lifting may include equipment or furniture weighing up to 100 lbs. Ability to comprehend and follow instructions from supervisor.
Employer's Job# 7661500
Please visit job URL for more information about this opening and to view EOE statement.