Macy's Asset Protection / Loss Prevention Detective, Part Time: Elmhurst, NY, Backstage Queens Place in Elmhurst, New York
The Asset Protection Detective’s primary responsibility it to protect the assets of the company while maintaining a safe environment for our team members and customers. Support the store’s efforts to provide customer service within a controlled environment to maximize sales and profit. Under general supervision and following established procedures the Asset Protection Detective will detect and investigate dishonest activity and theft.
- Respond to customer and associate incidents to facilitate first aid and minimize company liability
- Recover stolen merchandise and apprehend shoplifters and other people who commit fraud or other criminal acts against the company
- Investigate criminal violations against the person or property of any customer or associate that is committed on company premises
- Prepare prompt and complete reports relative to all theft incidents, merchandise recoveries, accident investigations, audits, and other activities as assigned by the Asset Protection Manager
- Have knowledge of and maintain strict compliance with the law and company policies concerning apprehensions, searches and seizures, and the preservation of evidence
- Promote shortage awareness and theft deterrence among associates by conducting meetings and participating in training events
- Successfully complete all Asset Protection training requirements including CPR and First Aid and maintain personal certifications as required by law
- Conduct audits to ensure sales department compliance to merchandise exposure standards and asset protection policies
- Testify in court concerning any case, criminal or civil, wherein the company is a party of interest to which the Asset Protection Detective is summoned
- Work on special assignments, investigations, and surveillance as directed
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Regular, dependable attendance and punctuality
* High School Diploma or equivalent. Some college desirable. * Completion of Store Detective Training program is required upon assignment to position.
- Effective written and verbal skills, ability to interpret instructional documents, such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals. * Excellent verbal communication skills.
- Basic math functions such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division.
- Ability to understand shortage calculations.
- Self-starter, able to work independently and as part of a team and must have good time management skills.
- This position involves constant moving, talking, hearing, reaching, and standing.
- Involves standing for at least two consecutive hours.
- Involves lifting at least 30 lbs.
- May occasionally involve stooping, kneeling, crouching, and climbing ladders.
- Optical abilities include close vision, color vision, depth perception , and ability to adjust focus.
- Must be able to operate cameras and other surveillance equipment.
- Must be able to think an act clearly in stressful and hostile situations.
- Possess a strong sense of urgency.
- Ability to collaborate and function as a member of a team.
- Should be comfortable with the use of computers and frequent us of RF equipment.
Flexible with scheduling and available to work retail hours, which may include day, evening, weekends, and/or holidays, based on department and store/company needs.
- This job description is not all inclusive. In addition, Macy's, Inc. reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. Macy’s, Inc. is an Equal ** Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. *
Primary Location: United States-New York-Elmhurst
Job: Asset Protection
Req ID: 77001322