JPMorgan Chase Vice President Client Processing Manager in Brooklyn, New York
JPMorgan Chase is the nation's second-largest bank holding company, with assets of more than $1 trillion. JPMorgan offers a full range of financial services to consumer and commercial customers. Further information can be found on the company's website: www.jpmorgan.com at http://www.jpmorgan.com/ .
JPMorgan Alternative Investment Services delivers an extensive solution for hedge fund, private equity, and fund of hedge fund clients seeking independent administration and custody services or to outsource their day-to-day operations.
· The individual will be responsible for supporting Operations in understanding the requirements to accurately capture and process Corporate Action events on Equities, Swaps, Options, Fixed Income, ETF’s, etc.
· Troubleshoot/resolve issues associated with breaks stemming from corporate actions
· Work with clients and prime brokers to resolve queries/breaks while providing exceptional client service
· Serve as the escalation point for review of complex Corporate Action events by providing the necessary guidance
· Complete complex client requests and problem resolution, often working with internal and/or external parties
· Streamline operational processes to reduce risk and improve efficiencies.
· Work closely with technology to perform user acceptance testing, for upgrades, and enhancements
· Management reporting for MIS and ad hoc requests.
· Assist the offshore operations team by delivering oversight, training and development of existing/new policies, guidelines, including changes in processes and documentation requirements which impact the day to day.
· Participate in tactical and strategic asset servicing/corporate actions initiatives as needed.
· Provide client service and be the escalation contact for all client queries
The Hedge Fund Services Middle Office Asset Servicing Team is a client facing role supporting hedge funds that have outsourced asset servicing administrative functions to JP Morgan. The candidate will face off to fund managers and senior operations staff at the client and will need to be able to manage complex and high risk asset servicing issues and events. Detailed understanding of corporate action risk coupled with the ability to pre-empt issues on complex and unusual events is imperative. The candidate will be required to manage a small team addressing client queries on Corporate Actions and Income. In addition to the day to day functions the role will encompass a high degree of strategic development working closely with operations, product and technology teams to drive down manual processing and improve the overall client experience whilst operating within a controlled environment.
Bachelor degree required, degree preference is Finance, Accounting, or Economics
5+ years of corporate action experience ideally in a broker dealer environment
Client facing experience coupled with ability to manage challenging client relationships
Strategic thinker with track record on conceiving/implementing process improvement
Strong communication and interpersonal skills. Ability to pull the detail out of complex issues/processes and articulate in a manner that can be clearly understood by senior management
Strong risk and control awareness
Experience using Geneva preferred; exposure to Bloomberg
Relevant experience in Hedge Fund Operations, Fund Administration or Corporate Actions
Diverse product exposure including Equities, Fixed income and Derivatives
Ability to effectively interact with clients and internal business partners
Strong organizational, analytical and problem resolution skills
JPMorgan Chase is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.