NYU Lutheran Medical Center Speech Pathologist in Brooklyn, New York
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a Speech Pathologist.
In this role, the successful candidate Under direct supervision, assists in administering diagnostic and rehabilitative services to patients with speech and language impairments. Performs related work.
- OTHER: Participates in investigating methods to improve the clinical management of speech and language disorders and research related to the development of diagnostic and remedial procedures in the design of apparatus. Maintains a professional appearance and demonstrates appropriate professionalism during job performance. Performs other duties as assigned.
- DOCUMENTATION: Completes all required documentation for patient care and reimbursement. Completes and plans all required documentation in medical chart as required by Department guidelines and JACHO/CARF requirements. Clinical Documentation is thorough and completed using appropriate medical and clinical terminology.
- PARTICIPATION: Participates in team meetings, case conferences and committees as assigned.
- DISCHARGE PLANNING: Develops and implements discharge plan in conjunction with patient, care partners and other members of the care team.
- ORGANIZATION: Responsible for certain level of patient care productivity as indicated by individual Unit Procedures. Demonstrates the ability to provide expected patient contact as indicated by productivity reports and patient contact analysis.
- EDUCATION AND SUPERVISION: May counsel patients and/or families in their adjustment to speech and language impairments. May counsel pre-operative or post-operative patients to prepare them for surgical procedures and appropriate post-operative therapy. Participates in Clinical Education of Fieldwork students and other professional. Teaches and supervises assigned students in Occupational Therapy techniques, skills and procedures. Demonstrates a genuine interest in assisting students in enhancing their knowledge and skill levels. Encourages positive learning experiences for Career Opportunity Students and other Non Fieldwork students.
- PATIENT PROGRESS: Attends evaluation conferences and rounds to determine progress and prognosis of patients under treatment. Assists in the scheduling of examinations, preparation of preliminary case histories, summaries and reports on the therapeutic progress and goals of patients under treatment.
- INTERVENTIONS: Assists in the planning and administration of remedial programs designed to restore or improve the communicative ability of patients with physiogenic or psychogenic speech and language disorders in order to produce, improve or restore appropriate speech thresholds. Assists in the treatment of speech and language disorders such as aphasia, articulatory defects, cerebral palsy, cleft palate, cluttering, delayed speech, stuttering and voice disorder including laryngectomy.
- CARE PLANNING: Develops and implements a care plan that meets the identified needs of the patient and care partners. The care plan must include measurable short and long term goals with time frames.
- ASSESSMENT AND EVALUATION: Assists in the examination of persons with speech and language disorders, upon medical referral, and the determination of the etiology, history and severity of specific disorders through interviewing and testing. Assists in the assessment, evaluation, analysis and treatment of communicative and social handicaps resulting from speech and language impairments and their predicating diseases. Assists in investigating and studying underlying causes, precipitating factors, symptomatic behavior and the emotional mid practical effect upon the patient of speech and language disorders.
To qualify you must have a A Master’s Degree with a major in Speech-Language Pathology from an accredited college with three-hundred hours of supervised clinical experience in speech- language pathology; or. A satisfactory educational equivalent which meets the standards for a New York State License in Speech-Language Pathology.
2 years experience as a Speech Pathologist and 5 days of continuing education or advanced degree work deemed comparable.
New York State License in Speech Pathology
ASHA Certificate of Clinical Competence (CCC)
Qualified candidates must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
NYU Langone Hospital- Brooklyn provides its staff with far more than just a place to work. Rather, we are an institution you can be proud of, an institution where you’ll feel good about devoting your time and your talents.
NYU Langone Hospital- Brooklyn is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender dysphoria, national origin, age, religion, disability, military and veteran status, marital or parental status, citizenship status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision. We require applications to be completed online.
If you wish to view NYU Langone Hospital- Brooklyn’s EEO policies, please click here . Please click here to view the Federal “EEO is the law” poster or visit http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/poster.cfm for more information.
NYU Lutheran Medical Center is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender dysphoria, national origin, age, religion, disability, military and veteran status, marital or parental status, citizenship status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.