Good Shepherd Services Social Worker - Family Reception Center in Brooklyn, New York
Good Shepherd Services is a leading youth development, education and family service agency with more than 80 programs that serve over 26,000 children, youth and families each year. We give vulnerable youth in New York City the opportunity to take ownership of their future. Voted one of the top 100 places to work in NYC by Crain’s New York, Good Shepherd Services offers a fantastic work environment, a collaborative team dedicated to fulfilling our mission, and an amazing array of benefits. Join our team and help make a difference!
Are you looking to make a difference in a child’s life? Do you love helping people reach their full potential? Do you want to feel good about the job you are doing? If you answered yes to all these questions then we want you to join our team! We are looking for a dynamic and compassionateSocial Workerto provide strength-based comprehensive services to families whose children are at risk of foster placement.
Reports To:SOCIAL WORK SUPERVISOR, FAMILY RECEPTION CENTER
Location:441 Fourth Avenue, Brooklyn, NY 11215
Hours:35 Hours/Week; Exempt
• Conduct assessments of children and families referred by the Administration for Children’s Services (ACS), schools, other service providers, and those who come in voluntarily seeking services based on a strength-based model.
• Provide individual, family and group counseling to children and families including home visits and escorts to appointments as needed.
• Maintain a regular caseload in accordance with the program’s policies and procedures.
• Implement and integrate the principles and procedures of Solution-Based Casework (SBC): assessment, family and individual level outcomes, action plans and documentation and celebration.
• Actively participate in case consultation, continued SBC training, and the SBC certification process.
• Provide short-term crisis intervention and concrete services including advocacy, outreach and referral for designated caseload, as well as emergencies.
• Facilitate and coordinate appropriate Improved Outcomes for Children (IOC) Family Team Conferences using approved ACS conferencing protocols.
• Plan, coordinate and implement groups and social activities for children, parents and families.
• Prepare and maintain FASP documentation, appropriate statistical reports, and casework and group work summaries as needed.
• Maintain appropriate utilization of state and city databases, including Connections and PROMIS, as well as agency databases.
• Participate in program and external meetings, as well as related agency trainings as appropriate.
• Master’s degree required, LMSW preferred.
• Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred.
• Must be able to work two evenings per week until 8:30 p.m.
• Excellent organizational, written, and communication skills.
• Must have a commitment to work from a strength-based and youth and family development perspective.
All staff are expected to be committed to the mission, vision, and values of Good Shepherd Services, which includes involvement in quality improvement activities and a willingness and ability to work within a culturally diverse environment.
Good Shepherd Services is committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for all members of our staff, participants, volunteers, subcontractors, and vendors. We do not and shall not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, in any of its activities or operations. These activities include, but are not limited to, hiring and firing of staff, selection of volunteers and vendors, and provision of services.
Job Title: Social Worker - Family Reception Center
Employment Type: Full Time
Date Posted: 07/17/2017
Requisition ID: 2235