Good Shepherd Services PROGRAM DIRECTOR- FDR HIGH SCHOOL in Brooklyn, New York
Good Shepherd Services is a leading youth development, education and family service agency with more than 80 programs that serve over 26,000 children, youth and families each year. We give vulnerable youth in New York City the opportunity to take ownership of their future. Voted one of the top 100 places to work in NYC by Crain’s New York, Good Shepherd Services offers a fantastic work environment, a collaborative team dedicated to fulfilling our mission, and an amazing array of benefits. Join our team and help make a difference!
Are you looking to make a difference in a child’s life? Do you love helping people reach their full potential? Do you want to feel good about the job you are doing? If you answered yes to all these questions then we want you to join our team! We are looking for a dynamic and compassionateProgram Directorto develop and oversee the FDR In-School Support program which provides a range of counseling & youth development services to students and supportive services to their families. TheProgram Directorparticipates in advisement activities, and is fully integrated into the life of the school. Program Directorsupervises In-School program staff, as well as the FDR YABC Program Director.
REPORTS TO:Division Director
LOCATION: 5800 20th Avenue, Brooklyn NY 11204
HOURS: 35 Hours/Week; Exempt (Evening hours as needed)
• Oversee development, implementation and administration of FDR In-School Support Program.
• Hire, train and supervise program staff.
• Manage day-to-day program operations.
• Identify program needs and resources to address them.
• Carry small caseload.
• Maintain close collaboration with school principal and other DOE staff to ensure that school needs are being met.
• Work collaboratively with DOE staff to create a caring school environment and build community.
• Refer youth and families to appropriate resources both within the Good Shepherd Program Network and other community organizations as appropriate.
• Perform family interventions to support family engagement and participation in the school community and the lives of their youth.
• Develop group work strategies that support and enhance students’ skill development and help build on youth competencies.
• Perform crisis intervention as needed.
• Implement school-wide events, trips and groups.
• Foster team building through staff meetings, training and activities with both GSS and DOE staff.
• Develop relevant resources and linkages.
• Ensure that contractual requirements are met.
• Monitor program budget.
• Perform statistical, narrative and record-keeping duties as required.
• Supervise the Program Director of the FDR YABC.
• Master’s Degree in Social Worker or related field.
• Minimum of 2 years post-Master’s professional experience.
• Supervisory experience required.
• Experience and demonstrated skill in working with youth and families required.
• Prior experience in a school setting required.
• Excellent organizational, written, and communication skills.
• Must have a commitment to work from a strength-based and/or youth development perspective.
All staff are expected to be committed to the mission, vision and values of Good Shepherd Services, which includes involvement in quality improvement activities and a willingness to work within a culturally diverse environment.
Good Shepherd Services is committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for all members of our staff, participants, volunteers, subcontractors, and vendors. We do not and shall not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, in any of its activities or operations. These activities include, but are not limited to, hiring and firing of staff, selection of volunteers and vendors, and provision of services.
Job Title: PROGRAM DIRECTOR- FDR HIGH SCHOOL
Employment Type: Full Time
Date Posted: 07/17/2017
Requisition ID: 2236