Phoenix House Onboarding Specialist in Brooklyn, New York
At Phoenix House, change is something we embrace every day as part of our values to deliver exceptional care. Phoenix House provides individualized, holistic drug and alcohol addiction treatment, with a legacy spanning nearly 50 years. We are passionate about healing individuals, families and communities challenged by substance use disorders and related mental health conditions. Phoenix House supports the mission through a holistic approach that focuses on the distinct mental, physical, and social needs of every person; innovation of best-in-class and evidence-based prevention, treatment, and recovery programs; and, the promotion of greater understanding of addiction. Our devoted staff are committed to treating the whole person—and come from all fields.
We operate personalized, strength-based, gender-responsive programs while living the values and being accountable for our commitments. Being introspective and becoming part of the solution is integral to every interaction and person we touch. As ‘One Phoenix House’ we believe in having fun along the way – embracing ‘progress not perfection’ as our journey continues.
Onboarding Coordinator to assist in onboarding process in various regions.
• Coordinates and schedules new hires for background and medical appointments
• Distributes, collects, and reviews new hire paperwork to ensure completion
• Verifies employment, education, and licenses/certificates
• Reviews new hire files to confirm all clearance requirements and compliance are met
• Assists in projects and initiatives
• Bachelor's degree in Human Resources or related field
• Minimum two (2) years' related experience
• Communicates effectively with exceptional written and oral communication skills
• Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
• Ability to think beyond immediate tasks and to meet deadlines
Mon - Fri, 9:00am - 6:00pm
Please submit your resume to Recruitment@phoenixhouse.org with “Onboarding Coordinator” in the subject line.
Phoenix House conducts as needed, job-related background checks, fingerprints, drug testing, physical exams, medical exams, TB testing, verification of employment history and/or reference checks prior to employment.