Amplify Early Literacy, Frontend Architect in Brooklyn, New York
The Center for Early Reading at Amplify is looking for a Frontend Architect to lead our efforts in developing educational software using React and React Native as well as standard frontend technologies (CSS, SASS, node.js, npm, webpack, etc.). Modeling and implementing complex user interactions will be the primary focus.
In this role you will oversee the frontend architecture on a variety of projects, with a particular focus on React Native development of a new product line. Your role will include both hands on development (?) and architectural oversight (?).
You are an experienced manager comfortable working with fellow engineers as well as other stakeholders both internal and external to Amplify. You are familiar with the NYC frontend development community and are capable of participating, recruiting, and representing Amplify in that community.
Responsibilities of the Frontend Architect:
- Design React and React Native project and platforms
- Lead a team or teams of frontend developers
- Consult in design decisions for multiple teams
- Overseeing major product/platform cycle launches
- Participating in hiring decisions for tech team
- Speak at technical conferences
Basic Qualifications of the Frontend Architect:
- 2+ years of React Development
- Experience with Native Mobile Development on iOS and/or Android
- Familiar with React Native Development
- 6+ years in software engineering
- 3+ years as a senior software engineer or engineering manager
- BA/BS in Computer Science or Equivalent
- Expertise in Application & Data Architecture
- Experience in Security & Network Architecture
- SDLC expertise
Amplify is an
This position may be funded, in whole or in part, through American Recovery & Reinvestment Act funds.
Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities